Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake and Tibble Fork
How was conditions on Tibble fork? Snow,slush,Ice thickness?
[signature]
Couple things. Where is the no fishing zone? I have seen a stenciled notice on one of the walkways but otherwise I'm not aware of a closed area there.

About the boots and driving. That made me really laugh out loud remembering what I had done. I almost goosed my pickup through the garage door the other day. And I found out that my car has an unsewn seam that catches my boot edge when I attempt to press the accelerator. I've decided to either get a carpet square or an extra floor mat to put down on the ground so that I can change boots more easily. A lot more comfortable to drive in shoes anyway.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote KOKANEE]

How was conditions on Tibble fork? Snow,slush,Ice thickness?

[/quote]

We found packed snow, zero slush and ice was ~10 inches thick. There is some water near the shoreline, because the reservoir is filling, but it wasn't a problem. There is a ramp that apparently leads to some docks that one can walk down and totally avoid stepping on the ice near the shoreline.
[signature]
Actually, a pretty nice day for an outing. Although I have had cast bigger crankbaits on my line than the fish that were reeled in - and up at Tibble Fork was really the highlight of the day. Just the scenery alone made it worth while. Glad we topped it off like that.
[signature]
[quote catchinon]

Where is the no fishing zone? I have seen a stenciled notice on one of the walkways but otherwise I'm not aware of a closed area there.
[/quote]

The closed area is the area right in front of where the docks where they dock the state park boats. Attached is a picture of one of the signs that I took in July. BTW - they closed this area because one of the officers encountered a hook in a dock line when he was getting a boat ready to go. It would not be a good situation to have them rushing to perform a rescue only to have a finger get a hook driven into it from a dock rope.
[signature]
Thanks. I do remember that sign now. I guessed that the prohibition was in place in order to keep the area clear when they might need to access their boats in a hurry, and they don't when it's iced over. Never heard the hook story. I am usually one to follow the letter of the law but in this case I think the spirit might apply. After all, no harm, no foul. I fished off that black pad one day this winter and the ranger didn't say anything. And I think that technically one can't fish from any dock, either.

BTW is there another sign that shows the limits of the closure, or is it like the Mantua parking situation? I'll have to look next time I'm there.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]

BTW is there another sign that shows the limits of the closure, or is it like the Mantua parking situation?

[/quote]

Yes, there is another sign that clearly marks the limits of the closure.
[signature]
Where is it?
[signature]

I don't remember exactly, but I would guess about 50 yards south of the sign that I posted.
[signature]