Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon ice thickness?
A guy told me he fished it 2 weeks ago and was good fishing.
[signature]
I tried calling the State Park but got no answer. However I did find the following on their website:

East Canyon State Park Ice Fishing Challenge January 25 2020

Its our 7th annual ice fishing tournament. Test your skills and join us for a fun afternoon of fishing! Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/east-canyon...3366638861 remember park fees apply.

I thought it was supposed to happen last Saturday, so the ice must not have been very good, I'm guessing.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I am planning on going this coming Saturday. Hopefully it is good!
[signature]
I fished the derby on Saturday. Ice was 5”, 4” of clear strong ice. I took the snowdog out on it on Friday 300yds west of the ramp with no problems. We fished the south end on Saturday. Did really well both spots. Ton of small bows with a few 16” fish mixed in. Chris, the park ranger said the middle may still be sketchy as it froze last. The derby on the 25th is the state park ran one, different than last weekends derby.
[signature]
Fished it today. Everywhere I went was at least 5-6 in of ice with a few inches of slush on top.
Edges were soft....real soft.
[signature]