Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Cascade
What were you catching at Fishlake and Mill Meadow, any big fish caught?
[signature]
Caught about 70 keeper perch and nice fat 18" bow at Fish lake. Also bunch of small splake. At Mill caught 20 keeper perch. Mix of browns and stocked bows. Nothing really big trout wise. Just good eater size. I mostly go for the perch , kinda burnt out on trout catching. Perch were 8" to 9" at both places.
[signature]
Sounds like you did good, what color jigs and bait did you have the most success with?
[signature]
My go to is a 1/8 pink/ white frostee spoon tipped with mealworms for both perch and trout. Now I have caught a lot of perch at fish lake with a Lindy perch talker tipped with Berkley honey worm. Thunder Mist stingnose jig spoon with perch eye I use a lot when perch bite slows down. I play around with alot of different jigs and spoons but the ones I mentioned above are the most consistent for me.
[signature]
I use a perch talker as well but I've never heard of the Thunder Mist stingnose jig spoon, did you have to order that on line?
[signature]
Yes Thundermist lure company out of Canada.
[signature]
Does it look like this:
https://thundermistlures.com/products/st...8587688023
[signature]
Kind of. It's the minnow stingnose they have in their ice fishing menu
[signature]
I have 1/16 and the 1/8. I use the 1/8 the most. It reminds me of what I used when I was kid ice fishing in Vermont for perch. Would put fake rubber eyeball on it then which over to real one when a perch was caught.
[signature]
In heavier sizes those things would be awesome at Powell for stripers!
[signature]
Yes they would be. My favorite thing to do besides trolling for striper is jigging for stripers with slab style jigs in the Overton Arms of lake Meade. I live less then 30mins from boat ramp. Has been a while since I was on the Thundermist Lure website. They did not have the bunker stingnose on there yet. Will have to order a few to try for stripers
[signature]