Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum or Mantua tomorrow (01/20/20) ?
I was at Hyrum on Thursday out from swim beach. Caught 60 perch 6-9 inches in 31FOW. Glow tungsten jigs with perch eye or 1 inch of nightcrawler added.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
If numbers and easy accessibility then Hyrum hands down the previous response is good advice they will bite lots of stuff my preferred set up is a Gizzy bug dropper 6” under a 16oz cast master with the hook and split rings removed tipped with a meal worm until I get my first perch then perch eye after that. Echo is definitely giving up some Jumbo perch but to get into them you have to get away from the crowds.
[signature]
Thanks.

I'm a little intimidated by Echo, because I've never fished there.

A long quest for larger fish sans electronics, power auger, and snowmobile sounded like a bit much.

My dad can usually hike 90% of anybody, any age, into the ground, but he recently injured his pelvis (of all things) lifting something pretty heavy. I don't want to over-do.
[signature]
Both Hyrum and Mantua are relatively easy to get onto and you don't have to go far to get into fish. Echo gets hit hard in the easy-to-access area by the ramp but it's also an easy one to get onto. Go with your gut--they're all good.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.