Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 1/20/20
I talked to a couple of friends who were up there and they all said the same thing. It was a sloooooow day.
Sounds like a fun trip! Was there any Snow machines or ATV's on the lake??
[signature]
All of the above were on the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
I would like to head down in my camper for a few days and stay at Dr. Creek campground.
Any chance you noticed if that campground is usable?
[signature]
We also had a slow day. Parked at Joe Bush and walked away from the crowd. We also heard people drilling new holes.
We fished 12' where the little people we had could watch the fish.
Adult son and I did most of the catching but it was not fast for sure. We did have his son catch his first fish on his own so that made it all worth it.
Where was your group at? There were a lot of people on the ice for a Mon. but I figure that was due to kiddos out of school.
[signature]
I did not drive up the road along the lake so do not know the condition of any of the camp grounds. We parked by the marina and fished east from there.
[signature]
Ok, thank you for response.
[signature]
I am pretty sure that all of the campgrounds are closed. Call the fish lake stoe they might have their camp ground open. Look up the phone numbers on Google.
[signature]
Thank you, that was going to be plan B.
Plan A was to camp at Dr Creek so I could access the lake without having to cross the road.
You know how they get a little funny down there with off road machines crossing asphalt....
[signature]
We were there as well. Many people all over the lake that day. The trout bite was also slow for us. We did catch the perch once we got on them. No splake at all for us!!
[signature]
My wife and I went up over the weekend. We fished just off from Lake Side. There were a ton of people on Saturday. We fished in about 16' FOW and got some perch and splake. No rainbows this time. We go every year about this same time and this was probably the slowest it has been for us.
[signature]
We were there on the 20th also...along with all God's humanity and the horse they rode in on. Wow, it was crowded!
I will frequently go up to Joe's Bush (I saw where someone changed the name on a sign) with my kids and either head towards the narrows or out towards deeper water. Usually we start at the weed line and do okay with splake and rainbows. Not that day. There was a long line of people at the weed line. We crossed the lake to the east side and started in 60 FOW. Very few bites. Tried the usual assortment of paddle bugs, tubes, LTG's, and pimples. Tipped with wax worms to get the most nibbles. Even tried perch eyes with no luck. Ended up with 2 splake and 1 rainbow. Compared to previous years it was verrrry slow.
[signature]