Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSL Investigates Mantua parking issue
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]What was notable to me was the fact that both the City and the Police declined to be interviewed.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That is likely because KSL caught them in several lies and they did not want to be called out on it. I guess in the long run, most of the ticket have been dismissed, so I'm grateful that the KSL investigates team did great job to get this all resolved.
[signature]
Interesting that Mantua upped their budget planning on more ticket income... Was this premeditated at knowing they would have a new source of income? Or did they push their officer to meet the budget??? So my question is why did they only dismiss the early tickets? Did they change something after the first part of January? Luckily I didn't hit that pond this year, because I would have parked where I always do as well and would have gotten a ticket... Well I hope they have it all sorted out, so we can dare fish it again... Later Jeff
[signature]
The Mantua Cult....thats what I call the place....
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]That crusty older fella with the white beard looked vaguely familiar; anybody know who that is? [Wink][/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Glad to hear it worked out well for ya Curt.
[signature]
Thanks Chad, I just got the notice in the mail that my ticket has been officially dismissed, Yahoo!!
[signature]
In the article they told KSL that tickets don't produce revenue because it costs them money. That doesn't add up with planning more tickets in their budget.

It seems like it was around 40 billion dollars of profit to banks for insufficient funds charges which are high have been going up fast, yet inquire at any bank and they say that they charge that much because it costs them so much money in work. Go over by a penny for an hour and get a charge of about thirty dollars -- sounds like quite a profit to me.

I'm believing Mantua makes money on tickets and as such are wanting to find or even cause violations as in this latest example.

They didn't get away with this latest trick only thanks to a lot of complaints and KSL bad press for them. But, based on their history, I'm guessing they are having meetings right now to contrive their next revenue enhancement strategies. Perhaps they will distribute their piracy over lots of schemes to not get a lot of complaints on any one loot scheme.

Ronald Smile
I watched it on the news last night and about fell out of my chair when they said that the the Mantua City Finance Clerk told them that "Mantua actually loses money on parking tickets" Why on earth would Mantua go enforce parking on a dam that they don't even own if they are losing money on it? I've heard some pretty good "fish" stories in my day but that one takes the cake.
[signature]
So for those of you that already paid, how do you get your money back?? What does Mantua City do with 480,000 dollars anyway ??
Previously you mentioned you were asked to keep certain details quiet until after the piece aired on tv. Can you now share those with the public? Also curious what the lies are that you are referring to? I'd like to hear the tidbits that didn't make the final edits. But if you're just ready to forget it and move forward, I'll understand.
[signature]
Added revenue means they can hire more Deputy Dogs!
Win Win for the Little City.
[signature]
You know it's funny, back before the show aired I was looking up Chief Justin Brown and Mantua and found that they had the town council meeting minutes available online. Today, those same meeting minutes have been taken down.

http://www.townofmantua.com/media/caf046...fe905.docx

There used to be meeting minutes regarding giving a watch to a deputy at that location but now it's gone...along with every other meeting minutes document they had up.

What a thoroughly dirty place.

Edit: Oh hey, here's a cached version on Google. If you search "mantua town council minutes" and then click the little arrow next to the link and click cached, it will give you the cached version of the page.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us
[signature]
The KSL team ask me not to disclose everything they told me because it would scoop their story before they got a chance to air it. A lot of what I learned was about how much money the town of Mantua takes in every year in tickets. One of their lies was about that money and what it is used for. Sure some of it goes to the lawyers and judge and of course the city cop but that city cop was told that he had to start writing more tickets just a week before all of this started. If it cost them so much, why would the city of Mantua tell him to write more tickets[:/]. IMO, some of that money, if not all of it, is used to pay the salary of the city employees, so it made me wonder, how big was their pay raise this year[:/]. They did not air the entire interview they did with the guy that lived there in Mantua. He was the guy I told not to park there or he would get a ticket. He lives there in Mantua and was not aware he could not park on that South dike, you would think the city employees would at least tell the people in their city that they could no longer park on a city street in their own city but no they did not even do that[crazy]. I guess after the first two weeks of this ticket scam, the Chief either got tired of writing tickets or he felt bad for giving out so many bogus tickets and he started writing fewer ticket. How do I know this, well that guy that they interviewed, Bob, that got the ticket as we were filming the episode, told us that he witnessed it. He saw the Chief write his ticket but the people parked right by him got no tickets[crazy]. There was another time that I talked to a city employee and was told info about those signs, that were later proven to be lies by that guy they interviewed from Brigham city.
[signature]
I totally agree Ronald, in this case it cost money to make more money, for the City of Mantua that is. One member mentioned this already but if they want to come up with an honest scheme, why not just offer to pull people out onto the ice and back or have a delivery service where they bring stuff, like food or tackle, to people while they are out fishing, even put on different ice fishing events there.
[signature]