Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1-25-20
I wasn't there today, but I have been finding perch at Rockport in 40 to 55 ft of water near the dam. Some small perch, most being 8 to 10 inchers and some in the 12 to 13-inch range. I was there yesterday and did pretty good for perch and even a pound and a half smallmouth bass. This year on Rockport I have had to do a lot of moving and drilling to find an active school of perch. Once you find an active school, stay put.
My two cents....
Gabe
[signature]
Can you gentlemen by chance let me know how thick the ice is? Im headed up in the morning and im taking the snowmobile. Just trying to be safe. Thank you in advance.
[signature]
We had nearly an identical experience on Thursday, only we fished 28-40 fow near the launch ramp.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
I didn't measure ice thickness but it looked like about 4" of clear ice under 4" of crappy ice with another 4" of slush on top. There were several other snowmobiles and a few ATV's out on the ice. I prefer a few more inches myself but I saw others on the ice and decided to give it a try so I could escape the crowds.
[signature]