Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Do yourself and your friend a large favor and avoid Mantua like the plague. Over zealous cop, unfriendly to visitors town management, and tons of very small fish, make it a poor choice for ice fishing. I would recommend Hyrum as it has been producing stellar catches of perch and fair catches of trout. There was a couple inches of slush late in the day last Monday when a friend and I iced about 100 perch in 4 hours. You WILL need to have a Utah State Parks pass (day use or annual tag) for access at either the campground or the swim beach access points if you go. Good luck and tight lines.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote dubob][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Do yourself and your friend a large favor and avoid Mantua like the plague. Over zealous cop, unfriendly to visitors town management, and tons of very small fish, make it a poor choice for ice fishing. I would recommend Hyrum as it has been producing stellar catches of perch and fair catches of trout. There was a couple inches of slush late in the day last Monday when a friend and I iced about 100 perch in 4 hours. You WILL need to have a Utah State Parks pass (day use or annual tag) for access at either the campground or the swim beach access points if you go. Good luck and tight lines.
[/size][/#800000][/font][/quote]

I second this notion.
[signature]
[quote Wpahole][quote dubob][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Do yourself and your friend a large favor and avoid Mantua like the plague. Over zealous cop, unfriendly to visitors town management, and tons of very small fish, make it a poor choice for ice fishing. I would recommend Hyrum as it has been producing stellar catches of perch and fair catches of trout. There was a couple inches of slush late in the day last Monday when a friend and I iced about 100 perch in 4 hours. You WILL need to have a Utah State Parks pass (day use or annual tag) for access at either the campground or the swim beach access points if you go. Good luck and tight lines.
[/size][/#800000][/font][/quote]

I second this notion.[/quote]

third'ed
[signature]