Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Boat Care
We keep a spray bottle of diluted vinegar to spray on the boat and motor as soon as we get the boat back on the trailer. Then we towel it dry.
I do the same as klam but IMO it's no big deal to wait and get home to do it as well. I do try to at least wipe the scum off, with a wet towel, that sometimes forms at the back of the boat, when I get get off the water.
[signature]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1 qt of water and carry it in spray bottles you can get at Lowes/Home Depot. Spray this mixture on all areas of your boat and motor. It will cut the white deposits (calcium & lime) on your boat and motor. There are commercial products available at every boat dealership in the state that MAY (?) work better than water mixed with vinegar, but also cost WAY more. And the grocery store product CLR will also clean off those deposits (full strength or diluted).
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Water and Vinegar is easy on boat finishes/paint and works great and as Dubob said, it’s cheap! I would caution using CLR on paint/gel coat. Water and vinegar works great too on the car or house windows if you get some over spray from sprinklers in the summer.
[signature]
Thank you all for the advice!
[signature]
"Hot Sauce" by Boat Bling. I use it on my boat plus my truck. Kind of pricey though.
[signature]
I would also add that if you have not cleaned the deposit off for several trips it will not come off in one application. It was put down on the boat in layers and will come off in layers. If you make a habit of spraying it down and wiping off after every trip your boat will look great again after a few trips.
[signature]
I feel a new habit forming for me now.
[signature]
[quote sharksugar101]"Hot Sauce" by Boat Bling. I use it on my boat plus my truck. Kind of pricey though.[/quote]

This, best stuff out there IMO.
[signature]
Ducky is what I use. Leaves a nice shine as well. Smells a bit like vinegar, so that's probably what's in it. Even takes off stubborn sun-baked hard water stains.

TiteLines
[signature]
[quote sharksugar101]"Hot Sauce" by Boat Bling. I use it on my boat plus my truck. Kind of pricey though.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Amazon Prime has it on sale right now at $18.95/32oz and $41.74/gal. Lowest price on eBay is $22.53 right now. As he said - pricey. However, it IS one of the best commercial products available.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That’s what we use. Boat Bling Hot Sauce for our new Lund wipe down every time after she’s out of water. Additionally don’t forget about inside of boat. I purchase Boat Bling via Amazon. Great stuff especially for interior vinyl cleaner and conditioner again don’t forget the inside of boat.
[signature]
Hi guys, I make my own 'hot sauce' by starting with the second ratio distilled water to vinegar, then mixing that 3/4 to 1/4 Maguire's black magic detailing wax.

Same smell... same outcome as the boat bling. Let me know how you like it if you make.some!
[signature]
I’ll have to try it out this year.
[signature]