Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 1/31 video
Looks like the video didn't attach.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I've fixed the original post, thanks for letting me know.
[signature]
I'm glad that you came over to my secret spot. I thought that by planting my flag, I was claiming the area. [Wink] Actually, it was meant as an invite to other BFTers to come over and chat. I enjoyed your company. It was sometimes hard to hear you because Muirco and his group were so noisy behind us. [Wink]

I had almost given up hope that you were going to post the video. It was an amazing eye opener showing just how thick the perch are. This video didn't show the time when the false bottom reading took place. That would have been something to see.

Hue
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Yeah, I hadn't done much video editing in a while and I wanted to combine the finder video with the gopro, so it took me a little bit to get it together... as you can tell by the end title page I still need a lot more practice [crazy]

It was hard to hear over those guys celebrating their successes in the tent behind you, it was fun to hear them though.

And thank you for sharing your space with me, I wish I had video from that school that moved through and gave us a false bottom reading.
[signature]
Wow, that was a lot of perch, how deep were you putting your Gopro down in the water? From what you were saying, they were coming through even thicker than that?
[signature]
The camera was around 28’. We did see them thicker and I had hoped to capture an event like that. My card filled up at some point before I brought it back up.
[signature]
So you were pretty close to the bottom, great video for being that deep. As many fish as there were in that video, it would have been amazing to see as many as you guys were seeing, cool. Which GoPro were you using?
[signature]
I have the Hero 4 Black model with a dive enclosure. The video was shot in 2k 30 FPS mode. When I dive with it I typically put on a color filter for the depth, I may try that if/when I try this again.
[signature]
Really, I think that is the same one I have but I did not realise I could use it under water. Is a dive enclosure, something you had to buy extra and if so, how much does it cost?
[signature]
Thanks for posting that video. I bought a knock-off go pro recently, and tried dropping it down. I am new to the camera, but only got kind of an angled view of the bottom with a couple of maybe(?) fish swimming through. Maybe I'll figure it out.
[signature]
I bought my camera off KSL and it had the housing with it. Looks like Amazon has them for $12-30. Search for Hero 4 waterproof case.
[signature]
Sorry! We were in amazement! It was way fun! Thanks for the tips again! I will be back this Saturday.
[signature]
It's all good, I am glad you all were having success and enjoying the time on the hard water. It was an amazing day.
[signature]
OK, thanks. I googled that and here is what I came up with:
https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Housin...B00WUZR1QY

Does yours look like this one? You said yours had filters?
[signature]