Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch at Hyrum - 2/4/20
"I just need a little Assist Motor on the back of it.!!"

I'm still working out the details on how to use my drill and auger to push my sled across the lake [Wink].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Well I'm sure that might be possible, but those batteries probably will give out before you get there or back... Check out you tube for some crazy ideas for getting propulsion on the ice… One guy used a boat motor and put a circular saw blade for a wheel on it... Looked like it worked okay... not sure how safe some of those ideas are, but they for sure have some originality... I think a home made snow dog with a harbor freight or old lawn mower motor would be your best bet... Although for what you'll put into it, an older snowmobile is only a few hundred dollars and they probably would be safer and more reliable... probably cheaper in the long run too...

Maybe you can put an old saw blade on your drill and lay in your sled and hold onto your drill as it pulls you along... Just don't cut off your hand and blame it on me... Have fun... Later Jeff
[signature]
that's sounding like a short-shaft mud buddy! Maybe just a big dog or 2 up front....Yeah, there was a guy out on Hyrum this A.M. with his 13 hp Sno Dog...l asked him if he was a BFTer, he said no....when he left, he had 4 sleds behind him, and a big guy sitting in the last one....pretty impressive....BTW....Hyrum still good, and lots of slush over the entire pond....
[signature]
There was a snow dog out there yesterday. Camo color. but I didn't go over to check it out.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Thanks for report.
What was ice/slush ratio please?
[signature]
About 3" slush, so the 3 little kids we had out there with our group got to make some nice fish ponds, for the perch we were keeping....ice very safe, probably 7"....I think that slush layer will be frozen pretty good in a day or two....Perch action still good, but they had moved away from our 'Highly Active Area' of the whole previous month, so I joined another friend 100 yds away, and action was great from 1130 to 1300....still very worthwhile....Guluk...
[signature]
So you were there on the ice on Friday? How was the fishing for you? 2 of us ended up doing good on Sat...
[signature]
Fishing was good and constant. Light sprinkle of rain on and off. left at noon.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue