Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing partners
It's going to be a bad week for me to get out, but Cookie still owes me that night run at PV for Crappie. If we can make it fit in our schedule you are welcome to freeze with us.
[signature]
I'm available Thursday, and would like very much to have company.....

but, I'm mostly a panfish guy, so as far as improving your score goes...........[crazy]
[signature]
I bet I could do that. Let me know what night. Thanks.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The best panfish I have are only 10.5" so if we go somewhere that I have a chance of bettering that it would be great. Where were you thinking?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

That's what I was worried about. I may not be able to beat that to help you out. I'm lucky to catch many fish at all, most days.

I got some things we could TRY, but success is not only not assured, but not even terribly likely.

What qualifies as a "panfish"? A 10-1/2" bluegill is a MONSTER.
[signature]
Do you have a sled or wheeler?
I was thinking of hitting the Pig, but usually need something to get you around the road a bit unless you fish at the dam.
I also often fish alone and the wife would appreciate if I went with someone.
Other than tomorrow, I'm pretty much open all week, anytime.
[signature]
Was there Sat. Tried getting the snowmobile on at first ramp. Found 3-4 ft of nearly open water edge, only a thin crust of ice. Didn't risk it and turned around. Took the the road towards the back and just walked on from there. Bunch of slush once you broke through the thin top crust. Hopefully this colder weather will harden things up a little for ya.
[signature]