Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Cat fishing contest ?
March will be here in a few days. was wondering when registration would Start. I understand that this new BFT site might get us going a little late.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I hear you, John. Maybe we could make our placards by hand until we get it all figured out.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(02-27-2020, 12:56 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: March will be here in a few days. was wondering when registration would Start. I understand that this new BFT site might get us going a little late.
It is really going to be interesting if the picture size will continue to be restricted.  Can't really zoom in to see the measurements clearly.  
When will the contest start this year?
(02-28-2020, 02:42 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 12:56 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: March will be here in a few days. was wondering when registration would Start. I understand that this new BFT site might get us going a little late.
It is really going to be interesting if the picture size will continue to be restricted.  Can't really zoom in to see the measurements clearly.  
O my I hadn't even thought of the pics. going to post one from last year just to see how it looks.[Image: DSCN4360.jpg] well this is not good

(02-29-2020, 12:36 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote:
O my I hadn't even thought of the pics. going to post one from last year just to see how it looks.[Image: DSCN4360.jpg] well this is not good. oh wait if you click on picture you'll get a full screen with zoom capability. guess this ones just a thumbnail. 
O my I hadn't even thought of the pics. going to post one from last year just to see how it looks.[Image: DSCN4360.jpg] well this is not good

O my I hadn't even thought of the pics. going to post one from last year just to see how it looks.[Image: DSCN4360.jpg] well this is not good. oh wait if you click on picture you'll get a full screen with zoom capability. guess this ones just a thumbnail. 
I need to try posting one to see if it works for me.  Here goes.[Image: 20190411-171813.jpg]

(02-29-2020, 02:13 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote:

I need to try posting one to see if it works for me.  Here goes.[Image: 20190411-171813.jpg]
Looks like it works.  We'll be good to go.  I've been catching some suckers already and am getting bait stocked up in the freezer.  I'm itching to get started with this warm spell.
Hey guys, just so you know, you don't have to hit reply, just scroll toward the bottom where it says quick reply, then you won't get all those quotes, hope that helps.
Hey guess who finally got on line... Not sure many of the crew are plugged back in yet, so let's give the cat contest a few days before we kick it off.  Like how about March 15th, the same day the ice challenge wraps up... I don't have the rules or placards or anything ready yet, so give me a few days and that will allow others to get on line...  I ended up having to use a PC completely for everything, when I used my phone for part of the process it kept not working, but once I put it all on the computer it finally worked... Anyway, more later, but let's put the start day off a little while... Maybe you can talk me into adding days on the end... Like going to Halloween or something... Later Jeff
(02-27-2020, 01:03 PM)catchinon Wrote: I hear you, John. Maybe we could make our placards by hand until we get it all figured out.

I copied the new logo and put together a trial run contest page.  I sent you a copy but I will post it here too for anybody else that wants to use it.  I was limited to the size I could post so you may want to enlarge it before printing...or adjust your printing size. [Image: 2020-CATS.jpg]
Hey there just got my iPad to work and got logged on it for first time. Was only only able to log on my android phone before. Itching to start the contest and itching for the weather to warm up a bit more so I can get my boat out and get the break in started and completed on new parts.
The 15th sounds good Jeff. The northen Cats dont want to play yet anyways. went out Friday no bites went again Saturday had one small tug. Did see Forest (Tin Can) out there don't think he did any better.
Ahi1953 pid= Wrote:The 15th sounds good Jeff. The northen Cats dont want to play yet anyways. went out Friday no bites went again Saturday had one small tug. Did see Forest (Tin Can) out there don't think he did any better.

Hey John,
Looks like Craig is all gung ho to get started, but no fish will be scored until after the 15th of March. I have actually caught some on the open river this year, but it's pretty slow and I had to move a bunch to find them. So they are possible, but it will get a lot better in a month from now. I found night crawler was to their liking, on a flig. (Firetiger). Anyway practice for now and two weeks we'll start to keep score. In the meantime let's get everyone back on line so all that want to can join in the fun. Later Jeff
John caught a nice starter Cat on the BRBR today.

(03-01-2020, 05:59 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: The 15th sounds good Jeff. The northen Cats dont want to play yet anyways. went out Friday no bites went again Saturday had one small tug. Did see Forest (Tin Can) out there don't think he did any better.

NOPE, I didn't. Aint caught anything on the BR in 6 trips so far   Huh
(02-29-2020, 11:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 01:03 PM)catchinon Wrote: I hear you, John. Maybe we could make our placards by hand until we get it all figured out.

I copied the new logo and put together a trial run contest page.  I sent you a copy but I will post it here too for anybody else that wants to use it.  I was limited to the size I could post so you may want to enlarge it before printing...or adjust your printing size. [Image: 2020-CATS.jpg]

Hey Pat, I downloaded your placard, did some manipulation on my PC and scanner / printer. Was able to produce a placard about 8x5 that the wife will get laminated. So yours worked, thanks.   Now, is it the Skunkedagain approved model....... Confused ?
(03-08-2020, 10:03 PM)BFTTC2020 Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

Hey Pat, I downloaded your placard, did some manipulation on my PC and scanner / printer. Was able to produce a placard about 8x5 that the wife will get laminated. So yours worked, thanks.   Now, is it the Skunkedagain approved model....... Confused ?
Yes Pat's placard is approved for this years cat contest.....