Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you that are having problems logging back in to BFT
I am an old time user, my login doesn’t work.
– If you use the site mostly for the forum go to the forum link directly and sign in with your existing login there. Your current forum login should still work but if doesn’t use the lost password link or click here.

I am new to the site where do I go first?
– The website is composed of two major parts:

The Home Feed (which is what you see with articles in the homepage) here you can post articles, news and relevant information about big fish tackle. This is a new component of the site which will allow you to collaborate and interact with existing and new users with features such as private messaging. Your existing login same as your forum login should work here if not use the lost password link or click here. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address you normally use. As a security measure when you login to the home feed the first time your account access needs to be verified by the site moderator.

The Forum is where users create and post forum boards. It works somewhat the same as the old forum site but with different features. Users from the old forum should be able to login using their existing credentials. You have problem logging in use the lost password feature or click here.

Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum. When you login to the home feed you are not automatically logged in to the forum. You still need to go to the forum and login before you can participate in the discussions.  If you are a new user you need to register on both logins. If you are an existing user, your existing login should work on both home feed and the forum. If you can login to the forum but you can’t login to the home feed use the lost password feature.

I am getting authorization code mismatch error. What should I do?
- Your browser still has your login information from the old bigfishtackle.com website. Clear your browser cache completely. Follow the steps below to clear your browser cache:

1. While your browser is open press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. ...
2. Select the period "since installation", to empty the whole browser cache.
3. Check the Option "Images and Files in Cache".
4. Confirm your settings, by clicking the button "delete browser data".
5. Refresh the page and try logging back in

Anyone else that wishes to share how they got back onto BFT please reply to this post, thanks.
I tried multiple times on my iphone. Resetting the password, getting the emails and still it would give me an error message.
I think there is an issue with Mac/IOS. I logged onto my computer using Windows/ Google Chrome and went through the reset password link on the forums and it worked the first time. I tried logging in using my phone after updating my password and logging on. I get the same code as before when trying to log in on my phone " Authorization Code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

If you are trying to use your mobile device to log on, maybe try logging on through a computer. Good Luck
I was having the same troubles a couple of days ago. Tried again today using Google chrome on my phone and it went right through.

Probably going to be finding glitches for some time to come. I've noticed that when I hit the reply button it quotes everything in the post that you clicked the reply button on.

But it is easy to use the quick reply at the bottom if you want to just make a general post instead of a reply.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(02-29-2020, 06:31 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: But it is easy to use the quick reply at the bottom if you want to just make a general post instead of a reply.
You can also use the NEW REPLY button if you want or need font control which isn't available in quick reply.

And so far, I have not been able to determine exactly what the QUOTE button (right next to the REPLY button) does.  Clicking on it changes it back and forth with a plus (+) or minus (-) sign on top of the button.  But it doesn't change what the REPLY button does; it stays in the reply with a quote mode both ways.  Any ideas on the function of the QUOTE button?

Never mind; I figured it out.   Big Grin

If you toggle the QUOTE button, it will allow you to use the quoted post selected in the QUICK REPLY box.  I haven't tried it yet, but it appears you can click the QUOTE button on more than one post and then click a link in the QUICK REPLY box and all the posts selected will be place in the QUICK REPLY box.  Cool!   Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
OK, here is what we found out, the new site requires two accounts. One for the main site and another for the forum. The account on the main site can be used to submit articles and shop. The other is to access the forum.

So that means you can't use the login credentials you created on the main site to log into the forum and vice versa. So if you are not a new user, you can just go straight to the forum, login using your old credentials, and you're done.

We have to think of the main site and the forum as two separate entities. I know this is confusing at first but it was necessary to accommodate future plans for the website.

Hopefully you can just request a new password and this time don't log on to the home portion, just go straight to the forum section and you should be good to go.
When I try to get in with my original login ID this is what happens if I try "Lost password" and fill in the blanks.

"You did not enter a valid email address."

Originally I used a Comcast.net email (which BTW is still active and valid) on my BFT account .   I recieved NO email response in my Comcast email account .

I then created a gmail account and got that above response.
YES finally logged in. I had to install Google Chrome on my computer to do it. My older browser would not work Big Grin
Hey, NewUserName, send me a PM with you old username, I think I can help fix your problem.  
Finally made it to this point. Logging into opening page recognizes me but when I go to one of the boards I'm recognized as a guest. Hoping this gets straightened out to be simplified. Sad
Guess I had to just go fishing for a couple of days and let things get sorted out  Big Grin
(02-29-2020, 11:48 PM)Bduck Wrote: Finally made it to this point. Logging into opening page recognizes me but when I go to one of the boards I'm recognized as a guest. Hoping this gets straightened out to be simplified. Sad

Contact the site person directly.... they will reset your password and it will work. Give them your username and the forum links it is giving you the guest status on. They fixed mine. Good luck!
I miss the old site already
Finally after multiple days and multiple time thinking this is the last attempt, I finally made it through. The new site is going to loose a lot of posters I think.  I couldn't even create a new user, as it did not like my email address. I tried different ones also. Wrote:I am an old time user, my login doesn’t work.

I am new to the site where do I go first?

The Home Feed

The Forum

I am getting authorization code mismatch error. What should I do?

looks like I couldn't even reply correctly on the new site.
I tried to reset my password 3 times and it never worked. I contacted support and they quickly responded and had reset my password internally like muirco had done as well and it worked on my android phone but not my apple iPad. I contacted them again and they said they would work on it and a day later my iPad could connect.
finally got in on the computer after countless tries and reseting "browser cache" . however i got in back on the 20th of feb. with my phone and made some posts and profile updates but it seems there are two different worlds because they arent the same. Huh
Same troubles here. Can't login to forums, can't get a new password via email, can't re-register because I already have an account (that the board apparenbtly knows, but will not recognize).

Finally registered with a new name, new password and new email. Did so only to write this post. Am thoroughly disgusted. May not come back until this is all fixed and my original login works again.

If it doesn't, you may call me Cy Yonara
Wow! After spending the last 20 minutes or so figuring out how to reset the password I'm finally in. (Hint: your old password may show as invalid if it doesn't meet the new password strength criteria).

So it appears we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum. I was one of the early adopters of these forums in Utah with a lot of posts over the past 15+ years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Ouch!!!! That really sucks. You would think they would at least import that info from the old boards to avoid losing the long-time people. The Facebook forums have taken a lot of our good people. I prefer these to avoid much of the Facebook forum drama, but it looks like this is really bleeding now. Sad
Most of it is still there, it's just in reverse order, so the last post that were made, before they started the switch over, are no on the very last page:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...8&page=512
Curt a big issue we need to see if they can help with is, we can't attach files to the posts any longer... So the rules for the cat contest had to be cut and pasted into a post, and Pat is having issues if someone requests a PDF that he has made, it can't be attached anymore... I didn't think to tell him to e-mail it through that option, but anyway it would still be nice to have that ability... Thanks Jeff
(03-05-2020, 09:23 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Curt a big issue we need to see if they can help with is, we can't attach files to the posts any longer... So the rules for the cat contest had to be cut and pasted into a post, and Pat is having issues if someone requests a PDF that he has made, it can't be attached anymore... I didn't think to tell him to e-mail it through that option, but anyway it would still be nice to have that ability... Thanks Jeff

I haven't tried to post any files. I think using the BFT Email function would be a good idea for Pat sending out PDF files. Let me get this right, so you can attach pics but not text files to a post, if so that does sould like a problem. I'll contact [b]gobro.den [/b] about this and see if he can help.