Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sand hollow!!!
[Image: emmaflag.jpg] [Image: output-1.jpg] went to sand hollow saturday, rented a pontoon with the fam, 0 fish, water was super clear, about 25 feet visibility, returned the pontoon and got one aprox. 16" largie from the shoreline using a maniac 4" paddle tail pumpkin green and pearl worm 1/8th oz black bullet weight and fine wire ewg hook, first largemouth in  a while and the kiddo had a blast out of the cold so a successful trip! fyi, dont boat around us if my daugter is out there with a flag that 3year old will yell at you to get out of her daddys spot  Big Grin
(03-02-2020, 10:29 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: [Image: emmaflag.jpg] [Image: output-1.jpg] went to sand hollow saturday, rented a pontoon with the fam, 0 fish, water was super clear, about 25 feet visibility, returned the pontoon and got one aprox. 16" largie from the shoreline using a maniac 4" paddle tail pumpkin green and pearl worm 1/8th oz black bullet weight and fine wire ewg hook, first largemouth in  a while and the kiddo had a blast out of the cold so a successful trip! fyi, dont boat around us if my daugter is out there with a flag that 3year old will yell at you to get out of her daddys spot  Big Grin

Saw you guys out there on that pontoon...we were out there as well. Boated 4 fish, biggest 3lbs. It was a beautiful day to be on the water!  

[Image: Pics-Art-02-29-03-18-19.jpg]
(03-02-2020, 11:35 PM)richyd4u Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:29 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: [Image: emmaflag.jpg] [Image: output-1.jpg] went to sand hollow saturday, rented a pontoon with the fam, 0 fish, water was super clear, about 25 feet visibility, returned the pontoon and got one aprox. 16" largie from the shoreline using a maniac 4" paddle tail pumpkin green and pearl worm 1/8th oz black bullet weight and fine wire ewg hook, first largemouth in  a while and the kiddo had a blast out of the cold so a successful trip! fyi, dont boat around us if my daugter is out there with a flag that 3year old will yell at you to get out of her daddys spot  Big Grin

Saw you guys out there on that pontoon...we were out there as well. Boated 4 fish, biggest 3lbs. It was a beautiful day to be on the water!  

[Image: Pics-Art-02-29-03-18-19.jpg]

well you did way better than we did! I think the kids favorite part was the hot tub at the hotel that all she wants to do now is go to that big bath to swim, gonna start gearing up for powell in a few weeks its been a few years since ive been there!
Good luck at LP! Forecasted upper 70's end of this week here, so I'm hoping to increase our number at SH!
Do you know when the bluegills start spawning there?
(03-04-2020, 12:32 AM)pacscrumhalf Wrote: Do you know when the bluegills start spawning there?

no idea, i mostly fish utah lake and yuba so my gills are few and far between, fyi i drove by yuba sunday its more full than its been in many years, theres actually water under the bridge at the dam again, the trees along west beach are at the water line...

Yuba state park camping  will be by reservation only this summer due to lack of beach and high water so keep that in mind!
(03-04-2020, 12:32 AM)pacscrumhalf Wrote: Do you know when the bluegills start spawning there?

When water temps hit 65-70 degrees, which at SH is usually last part of May, first of June. We've caught some pig bluegills out of there, also slab crappie.