Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I "quick reply" to a post without getting the "quote" from that box?
I've tried to use, "Quick Reply" to respong to a post, but I DO NOT want the quote from that post to appear in my reply.  I"ve tried clickin the "-" sign for "QUOTE" and the quote still show up when I try to "quick reply".  I hate it when the replies inlcude the text quotes from the previous post.  However, I have not been able to toggle the "Quote" button on/off, bu clicking on the +/- signs.  I know I can hit the regular" reply and it doesn't include the quoted text.  Anyone else having this issue?
There is a "new reply" button at the top and bottom of the post string. Hit it and you will be good to go. (I did it with this reply).

You can also just click on the backspace button on your key board once a cursor is behind the part you want to delete, that is what I just did here, so far I haven't found a way to cut the quote option off but there might be a way.
I found I wasn't getting an Email notice when I got a PM and found the place to turn that on, as well as the time stamp, lots of new stuff to look at here.
At the bottom of the message there is a black button that says "reply".  
Smile
As Jig-Fisher mentioned... it is at the top and the bottom of the post strings.  ( In the blue )
That's weird all I've ever done was use the quick reply feature at the bottom of the page to reply and it has never quoted any one.
Like now.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I just used the quick reply - nothing quoted.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yep, that black button "new Reply" does not include  the quote, But the reply button within the original post does include the quote. Learnin new stuff every day. maybe by the end of the Cat contest I will have this figured out........sort of. Rolleyes

(03-05-2020, 08:20 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: At the bottom of the message there is a black button that says "reply".  
Smile
As Jig-Fisher mentioned... it is at the top and the bottom of the post strings.  ( In the blue )

Now, this is what I get when I reply by using the reply button in the original post.
Vicki, good to see you on the forum. Maybe you can answer me another question.
How can I set up my font size, color, bold, etc to be my default so I don't have  to do it for each and every post ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(03-13-2020, 02:57 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Yep, that black button "new Reply" does not include  the quote, But the reply button within the original post does include the quote. Learnin new stuff every day. maybe by the end of the Cat contest I will have this figured out........sort of. Rolleyes

(03-05-2020, 08:20 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: At the bottom of the message there is a black button that says "reply".  
Smile

Now, this is what I get when I reply by using the reply button in the original post.
Vicki, good to see you on the forum. Maybe you can answer me another question.
How can I set up my font size, color, bold, etc to be my default so I don't have  to do it for each and every post ?

And just so ya know Craig, if you click that little 'Quote' button right next to the 'Reply' button inside the box (NOT the black button outside the box) you will also get a quoted segment at the top of the new reply box when you do use the black 'New Reply' button.  And that same 'Quote' button in side the box can be clicked in more than one post to get multiple quotes posted to one reply.

I am interested in the ability to default my size, font, and color selections as well.  So far I haven't been able to determine a method of doing this exists in the current structure.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."