Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Active Members
This may be better on a differnt forum, but I am very curious if there are any statistics on how many of our member made it onto the new system - or in other words did we lose a bunch and could we somehow reach to help them get back on, if we did?
(03-06-2020, 10:07 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: This may be better on a differnt forum, but I am very curious if there are any statistics on how many of our member made it onto the new system - or in other words did we lose a bunch and could we somehow reach to help them get back on, if we did?

Well with all the trouble I am still having, I just may be one of  the lost ones................  Tin-Can
I haven't seen anything from r2u2 or Mrs J. I tried calling them today to see if they were having issues and if I could help but they didn't answer I'll keep trying
It seems to be a major event to get back on. It took me over a dozen new password requests before I could get on line. I imagine some just went fishing instead of fighting the computer.
It took me multiple tries to get a new password. But i finally made it back. I dont post a lot but i like seeing what y'all are up to and i learn a bunch.
I had get to a new name and password to log back in i try for five days it keep saying invalid user give up
(03-06-2020, 10:07 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: This may be better on a differnt forum, but I am very curious if there are any statistics on how many of our member made it onto the new system - or in other words did we lose a bunch and could we somehow reach to help them get back on, if we did?

I only had to change my password once. no issues. Theres a member list link at the top of the page if that helps.
(03-06-2020, 11:13 PM)BFTTC2020 Wrote:

Well with all the trouble I am still having, I just may be one of  the lost ones................  Tin-Can

Well glad you made it Forest ,  going to have to get used to the new name though. by the way have you tried to get  Nancy
(TinCansMate) on yet
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I can post either a new thread or respond to an existing one using Apple systems but can't with Windows system. Logging in is not a problem at the moment on either system. My Windows system is working fine with everything else just not this. I use both operating systems but mainly Windows.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I have not had reason to start a new post but I think I am able to reply on existing posts. I'll have to look to see if this one posts.
Last time I tried a reply I could not get back to the regular board for a couple of days.
I find it very hard to both navigate the site and to follow replies to posts.  I'm not much good at this stuff, but I found the site prior to the upgrade to be a lot more user friendly.
I signed up for the catfish contest, and added my son as well. Then it occurred to me that we should make sure he can log in without issue.

Using his previous username, and his existing password, the system let him in without issue.

He logged off, and I tried to log in again, but had to change my password again!

It's a good thing I use a password manager that can be easily updated or I would likely be looking for a more user-friendly forum.
I have finally made it on, but I can report it was a considerable struggle!
Hmmm... I've been wondering how may former users are still unable to access the forum. It was a terrible ordeal for me -- had to double the dose on my blood pressure meds. Now that i am able to login I am reluctant to play with some of the bells and whistles for fear of losing what i now have. I would guess that some of the old members will jsst give up, but over time, I'm hoping most of them will find their way back. I  notice about 236 views for this thread, 410 views for the catfish contest thread. I have to wonder how many of them are just lurkers and how many are frustrated former members. Time may be the best indicator.

I hope Richard and Violet make it back. Having a few lady fishers like Violet and Cookie and others, tends to lend a bit of class to the catfishaholics crowd.

I'm ready. Smile
I made it back. It wasnt too hard for me to get back in. Just needed a password to get back in the premium board. I think we will all get used to it over time and it will work just fine.
John,  Nancy tried to get logged on using her phone Friday nite, but I think she is going to have to do it from her PC.
I had to change my user name and after several attempts I'm back on but the new site definitely is not user friendly. But for now in here .
I too found the old BFT site more friendly user to navigate.  I wondered how many users left BFT because of the many problems with the new site.
I too had my bit of grief getting back in.  It was like fishing - eventually I held my upper lip in the right way, my left wrist just so, and the stars luckily lined up in the correct configuration and then I finally got hooked up.  Skunk off.
I'm not one of these GEEKS that gets on the computer plays with it all day but what I found was this new format BFT is using is not too user friendly right now but I also know in do time things should get easier as the bugs get exterminated. I use Microsoft Edge which has been working with other forums I par take into and it worked just fine even with the older BFT format. I do like the new look of the new BFT but it should be compatible to the newer operating systems thats already been out. While Microsoft Edge allows you to get into the newer BFT it limits certain functions such as you posting to a thread or PM, problems with your profile. Google Chrome does same as Edge however I found Firefox is compatible. I havent seen any issues with the Apple system. So I hope this clears some things for the users like me having issues getting the right system thats compitable.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I hate to create a new username to be able to login. but at least I finally got back on here.