Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lower bear river
Photo 
With the nice warm weather last few days. I've been scouting out a few of my favorite holes. the carp are starting to wake up but still a little slugsh not mush fight to the yet. The Catfishing still slow hooked up my first one yesterday. Kinda stole it from Forest. I had moved down next to him hoping to get a carp for some fresh bait. Forest grab my net but being the great sportsman he is instead of hitting me on the head with it he netted the fish for me. He even put a tape to it since I had not brought my bump board down. it was a chunky 27 incher. [Image: 100-0146.jpg]     By the way if one of the Moderators could try and get in touch with Forest (TinCan) and maybe walk him though this new site. He is still not been able to login.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Nice cat John, to bad the contest hasn't started yet but good to know they are biting. What kind of bait were you using? I contacted Forest yesterday, he seems pretty fustrated about not being able to get back his old username, hopefully some of my advice will help him.
Nice cat. Were the swans on the water yet?
I hope Forest can figure out how to get back on the forum. Took me over a week to get back on -- many frustrating hours, multiple emails, and some strong language to finally get the bugs out. The cat contest would not be the same without Forest, his better half, and the Tin Can. 

I'm ready. Big Grin
Tin-Can's new username is BFTTC2029, still working on getting the old one back for him.
(03-07-2020, 02:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice cat John, to bad the contest hasn't started yet but good to know they are biting. What kind of bait were you using? I contacted Forest yesterday, he seems pretty fustrated about not being able to get back his old username, hopefully some of my advice will help him.

Carp meat

(03-07-2020, 02:47 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Nice cat. Were the swans on the water yet?

Swans are at the refuge. dont see them on the water where I fish but do see them flying over head

A little cooler yesterday but was still able to find one little 25 incher that wanted to play
[Image: 100-0147.jpg]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(03-07-2020, 01:03 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: With the nice warm weather last few days. I've been scouting out a few of my favorite holes. the carp are starting to wake up but still a little slugsh not mush fight to the yet. The Catfishing still slow hooked up my first one yesterday. Kinda stole it from Forest. I had moved down next to him hoping to get a carp for some fresh bait. Forest grab my net but being the great sportsman he is instead of hitting me on the head with it he netted the fish for me. He even put a tape to it since I had not brought my bump board down. it was a chunky 27 incher. [Image: 100-0146.jpg]     By the way if one of the Moderators could try and get in touch with Forest (TinCan) and maybe walk him though this new site. He is still not been able to login.

John, I would never hit ya with your own net............ Smile   And I finally got on to this "fantastic"   Sick new site. Just had to develop an entire new email account on google and a new profile name on here.  That lost all my previous post history and loaded me as a Junior Member  geeezzzz - been on here over 8 years I think, fished the Cat Contest since 2014 when CoyoteSpinner was running it.  Anyway, I'll learn this new site as I play with it. Not real impressed with it so far, but want to do the Cat contest this year and stay in touch with all you outstanding anglers............... oh yeah.............you too Tubedude    Big Grin

(03-07-2020, 02:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice cat John, to bad the contest hasn't started yet but good to know they are biting. What kind of bait were you using? I contacted Forest yesterday, he seems pretty fustrated about not being able to get back his old username, hopefully some of my advice will help him.

None of worked Curt. But I'm sure it's the system, not you. I will use this new site and figure it out as I go. Just wish it wouldn't h ave loaded me as a Junior Member........... Angry

(03-07-2020, 06:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Tin-Can's new username is BFTTC2029, still working on getting the old one back for him.

Hey Curt,   That's  BFTTC2020   

(03-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I hope Forest can figure out how to get back on the forum. Took me over a week to get back on -- many frustrating hours, multiple emails, and some strong language to finally get the bugs out. The cat contest would not be the same without Forest, his better half, and the Tin Can. 

I'm ready. Big Grin

Hey Lynn, appreciate those kind words. I'm back, such as it is.  I have a new 25 hp Merc being ordered by Freds for the Tin Can. I hope I can get it installed and running in the next couple weeks.
(03-08-2020, 09:14 PM)BFTTC2020 Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 01:03 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: With the nice warm weather last few days. I've been scouting out a few of my favorite holes. the carp are starting to wake up but still a little slugsh not mush fight to the yet. The Catfishing still slow hooked up my first one yesterday. Kinda stole it from Forest. I had moved down next to him hoping to get a carp for some fresh bait. Forest grab my net but being the great sportsman he is instead of hitting me on the head with it he netted the fish for me. He even put a tape to it since I had not brought my bump board down. it was a chunky 27 incher. [Image: 100-0146.jpg]     By the way if one of the Moderators could try and get in touch with Forest (TinCan) and maybe walk him though this new site. He is still not been able to login.

John, I would never hit ya with your own net............ Smile   And I finally got on to this "fantastic"   Sick new site. Just had to develop an entire new email account on google and a new profile name on here.  That lost all my previous post history and loaded me as a Junior Member  geeezzzz - been on here over 8 years I think, fished the Cat Contest since 2014 when CoyoteSpinner was running it.  Anyway, I'll learn this new site as I play with it. Not real impressed with it so far, but want to do the Cat contest this year and stay in touch with all you outstanding anglers............... oh yeah.............you too Tubedude    Big Grin

None of worked Curt. But I'm sure it's the system, not you. I will use this new site and figure it out as I go. Just wish it wouldn't h ave loaded me as a Junior Member........... Angry

(03-07-2020, 06:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Tin-Can's new username is BFTTC2029, still working on getting the old one back for him.

Hey Curt,   That's  BFTTC2020   

(03-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I hope Forest can figure out how to get back on the forum. Took me over a week to get back on -- many frustrating hours, multiple emails, and some strong language to finally get the bugs out. The cat contest would not be the same without Forest, his better half, and the Tin Can. 

I'm ready. Big Grin

Hey Lynn, appreciate those kind words. I'm back, such as it is.  I have a new 25 hp Merc being ordered by Freds for the Tin Can. I hope I can get it installed and running in the next couple weeks.

John, Lynn, all others on this thread: Curt got my Tin-Can profile back up and working today. So wife "TinCansMate" and I will be back in the Cat contest. Big Grin 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool