Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long 10 months
Trying out this posting thing on the new site and thought I would start out by saying after a long 10 months my boat is back in the water. Didn't think it was going to happen Saturday or not. Went to hook house up in the yard to start it and my muffs were missing. So trip to Walmart. Got water turned on and battery was dead. The trickle charger I had hooked  up had come unplugged so didn't charge. So pulled out battery charger and it had a short....*sigh* but it worked enough it started so it could charge up. Couple more things went wrong but I finally went to provo state park around 5:45 and got in water about 6. Iran circles around the marina keeping it about 1800-2000 rpm as advised for my break in period for new bearings. I ended up running out for about 1.25 hours I believe.  No oil leaked out which means the seals are working which sidelined the boat to start with. Runny thing is this was my first time being on the water at night and the first time I put the boat on trailer someone else has every time. I bought steps that mount on the trailer and has 3 steps that are on the starboard side with a long handle to help get in and out of the bow. They are very nice and handy
If you could post a picture of the steps on your trailer I would love to see them.
glad you made it out. i hope the next trip is sooner and less eventfull Wink
. I bought steps that mount on the trailer and has 3 steps that are on the starboard side with a long handle to help get in and out of the bow. They are very nice and handy

Could not figure how to do the quote buisness so I just cut and pasted the above.
I have been thinking of building a set of steps with a long handle or rail as my bride and I are not getting any younger.
Where did you find them to purchase? If the $ is right it might be better than building.
(03-10-2020, 05:39 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Trying out this posting thing on the new site and thought I would start out by saying after a long 10 months my boat is back in the water. Didn't think it was going to happen Saturday or not. Went to hook house up in the yard to start it and my muffs were missing. So trip to Walmart. Got water turned on and battery was dead. The trickle charger I had hooked  up had come unplugged so didn't charge. So pulled out battery charger and it had a short....*sigh* but it worked enough it started so it could charge up. Couple more things went wrong but I finally went to provo state park around 5:45 and got in water about 6. Iran circles around the marina keeping it about 1800-2000 rpm as advised for my break in period for new bearings. I ended up running out for about 1.25 hours I believe.  No oil leaked out which means the seals are working which sidelined the boat to start with. Runny thing is this was my first time being on the water at night and the first time I put the boat on trailer someone else has every time. I bought steps that mount on the trailer and has 3 steps that are on the starboard side with a long handle to help get in and out of the bow. They are very nice and handy

Sorry it took so long! I hope you have many trouble free hours out ther now. I thought the steps worked well!
I got mine off Amazon for $234. That was actually  $30 less that the retailer that sells them. They are made by quality mark. If you do a search for "steps for boat trailer" on Amazon it pulls it up or should or here is a link https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Mark-2880...221&sr=8-2
[Image: 4-C5632-BD-1-AAD-46-D7-8-DF5-26635-C6-EA863.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 01:22 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I got mine off Amazon for $234. That was actually  $30 less that the retailer that sells them. They are made by quality mark. If you do a search for "steps for boat trailer" on Amazon it pulls it up or should or here is a link https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Mark-2880...221&sr=8-2
[Image: 4-C5632-BD-1-AAD-46-D7-8-DF5-26635-C6-EA863.jpg]

I've been looking for a set of front steps for my boat trailer. I need the 4-step, port side, fold-away Tongue mount which, unfortunately, is NOT offered by Amazon. Sad  I am waiting for a reply from Quality Mark (voice/email) to discuss whether or not their product will work on my trailer.  It will likely cost $400 plus, if it will work on my trailer.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob I went to Amazon and it showed 17 left  of the 4 step port side for $293 and they fold up to travel just like mine. Maybe your looking for something different though  [Image: 11602-F3-E-01-F2-4597-B13-D-319-CDDCD64-FD.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 05:34 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Bob I went to Amazon and it showed 17 left  of the 4 step port side for $293 . . .

Thanks.  I didn't see the 4 boxes showing all 4 models before.  Amazon carrys all of them.  However, I'll probabably still have to deal with Quality Mark for the swing-away Tongue adapter.  I still haven't heard back from them.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
It does rotate. It sets on a tube and rotate and has a tightening knob
(03-11-2020, 06:39 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: It does rotate. It sets on a tube and rotate and has a tightening knob

Yep - saw that in the video on their website.  And they called me back about 20 minutes ago.  We had a good discussion and I may be in business with a ladder up front shortly.  He is checking a few measurements on the adapter and will call me back on what he finds.  It's also possible that I might be able to use the standard bracket ahead of the joint on my fold-away Tongue and place it directly across from my Fulton jack stand.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
That's awesome I hope it works out for you. I was worried about their sturdiness but they hold me and I'm 270. They barely move they are built very well I'm impressed with them. And they will help with loading and unloading by myself easier.
Justin, I was all in a dither to get one of those last year. Did a lot of research and found quite a few options. Then I discovered that I could go straight over the bow, step on the ratchet assembly and onto the tailgate. Now I can use the money I saved to get me some of those upright guides you put on the back of your trailer to help you load (what are those called?).
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig they are 5' bunk board guides. I got mine from Overton's which they they have for $118.74 but have  15% off right now https://www.overtons.com/overtons-bunkbo...lsrc=aw.ds.     
Hope that helps.....you spend money haha j/k if you need any more help ask and if you get them I can install them for you in about 15-20 minutes of you need help