Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion box and help board
Here is a link to this new board: I know some of you are still having problem getting on the site
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=332

I know some of you are still having problem getting on the site, the best thing I can suggest is to log on using a new username and Email account and contact me or one of the other system administators and we will do our best to get your old account back for you.
(03-14-2020, 08:08 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Here is a link to this new board: I know some of you are still having problem getting on the site
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=332

I know some of you are still having problem getting on the site, the best thing I can suggest is to log on using a new username and Email account and contact me or one of the other system administators and we will do our best to get your old account back for you.

Curt,  how can we make a post stay at the top of a thread, like you did with this one ? We (Jeff and I) need (would like) to repost the Catfish Contest Rules that have been reformatted to read easier on the top of the Cat Chat thread. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Jeff is already on it Forest, he will do it asap.
(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Jeff is already on it Forest, he will do it asap.

Good deal
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Please do something about photos.  So many of us have high res cameras on our phones and want to be able to just add a photo quickly.  I have a hard time reducing the size of the photos on my computer.  Have not really learned how to do that.  That would help many of us.
(03-24-2020, 01:12 AM)chinook Wrote: Please do something about photos.  So many of us have high res cameras on our phones and want to be able to just add a photo quickly.  I have a hard time reducing the size of the photos on my computer.  Have not really learned how to do that.  That would help many of us.

I've been using FastStone Photo Resizer for about 3 years now and find it very helpful in this regard.  There is a learning curve to using it successfully, but it's free and it works very well for single AND bulk edits.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-24-2020, 01:12 AM)chinook Wrote: Please do something about photos.  So many of us have high res cameras on our phones and want to be able to just add a photo quickly.  I have a hard time reducing the size of the photos on my computer.  Have not really learned how to do that.  That would help many of us.

There is actually a photo resizer built right into the site but you do have to learn to use it. Just click "Add image to post". 
below where you type in your post. Click on," browse from your computer"  
and locate the pic you want  to upload, once you have added it you will see your pic with a little x and another symbol below that in the top left hand corner of your pic click on that lower symbol and edit imagin comes up, put your cursor on the box below where it says, "Resize image", then adjust the numbers down in the left box until they are what you need to make the imagine fit. Then click the submit button below, then hit the upload button. Making sure the cursor is below your text. [Image: 100-3192.jpg]
[Image: 100-3192.jpg]
If you don't put the cursor below the text, what you see above is what you will get.
Are there any plans to get the advertisements under control? They're just as bad as before the update.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(03-26-2020, 08:04 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Are there any plans to get the advertisements under control? They're just as bad as before the update.

Talk about good timing, I just got an Email from the site owner saying, "The ads were NOT supposed to be mixed within the posts like they are.  THAT IS CRAZY  You can tell the members that the site devolopers are on it and hopefully will have if fixed ASAP?
Are we going to get our PMs back from the previous site?
(03-27-2020, 06:00 PM)Thorny Wrote: Are we going to get our PMs back from the previous site?

No, the PM's are gone.
Is there a way to add a video.  I want to add an MP4 and Add Image won't even recognize it.
(03-30-2020, 02:59 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Is there a way to add a video.  I want to add an MP4 and Add Image won't even recognize it.

Try adding it in the section below where it says attachments.
There is an 'Insert Video' button that you use to do that in the two lines of buttons available when you start a new post or new reply.  It is the button in the red box below.  After you click that button, click the down arrow in the Video box as seen in the blue box below.  This will give you the drop down menu that lets you select what type of video you want to import.  When you select one of the 6 available sources, you then enter the URL for the video.

Here is a youtube video (Fly Fishing for Bass on Lake Powel) I imported using this process.

I'm not sure how the mp4 fits into all of this, but if it comes from one of the six sources you can select from, you should be good to go.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Nice work Bob, glad someone has figured this stuff out already.
(03-30-2020, 01:36 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice work Bob, glad someone has figured this stuff out already.

Thanks Curt; I do try to help when I can.  I've figured bits and pieces out, but still have a few things left to dig into.  I'm still looking for the magic wand that will allow me to permanently ban some of the (IMHO) REAL anal openings that post on here.   Big Grin   
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Ok, so no video then.  I don't save things to ANY of those sites, and MP4 is the standard format you get when you take a video with your smart phone, or video camera.  MP4 is the format that those sites require (one of the standard options) to download to their site.

This is not good, not good at all.
(03-31-2020, 11:03 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Ok, so no video then.  I don't save things to ANY of those sites, and MP4 is the standard format you get when you take a video with your smart phone, or video camera.  MP4 is the format that those sites require (one of the standard options) to download to their site.

This is not good, not good at all.

Did you try and upload your video to see if it would work the way Dubob said for other videos worked? This is all new stuff we are talking about here on this site, so you never know maybe it would work.
How do I rotate my image for my avatar. Right now my picture is on its side.
(04-01-2020, 01:55 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: How do I rotate my image for my avatar. Right now my picture is on its side.

I fixed it for you but I used Paint to rotate your avatar pic.