Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minersville
Minersville has been on fire for plenty of big Rainbows.

On a Sad note. I have never seen so many people at the lake. Even during the week.

"Some" of this crowd are there for the wrong reasons. This virus panicking has people loading up using power bait,, to fill their freezers I guess.

Night before last the new young Warden snuck up on 2 different groups night fishing with bait. Caught them with a bunch of giant Rainbows.

You guys keep your eyes out. The warden lives right down the road and will respond.

Codos to the warden for staying on top of this.
Good for him.  Hope he did not let them talk their way out of tickets.
I was there on Saturday. I didn't see anyone using bait. They must be sneaky. Fishing seemed slow for most of the people I watched and for us as well. But, the fish were well worth the time it took for us to catch them!

I guess I will have to break down and start using chironomids more often...
I think most people bait fish under the cover of darkness. I'm guessing that's what happened to most of the wipers. Several times two years ago trucks would show up around 9:30 p.m. and from my pontoon I'd see them chuck out what I assume were anchovies because they'd to just set the poles down. Soon enough there's be splashing and they'd reel them in. I talked with a fellow from the division and he said it had been a problem but catching them was a challenge with manpower and such. A real shame. There are\were some beauties in there that have taken a lot of time to establish.
is brandon white still the officer down there? i use to live in the trailer home on the boat ramp that burned down.
Glad to hear it...they need to write them some big fat tickets! Maybe then the word would get around and it'll stop.
(03-23-2020, 03:34 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: I was there on Saturday. I didn't see anyone using bait. They must be sneaky. Fishing seemed slow for most of the people I watched and for us as well. But, the fish were well worth the time it took for us to catch them!

I guess I will have to break down and start using chironomids more often...

I fished Sunday on the East side and did very well with a balanced leech and chironomid 6' under an indicator. Usually use jigs but the fly rod ruled this trip. [Image: 023-AD0-A1-9-B01-40-E1-B903-F1034-C6-DE0-C4.jpg] [Image: FF63-EFC8-7-ADE-4-BAC-A641-9-C22-B102-EEEA.jpg] [Image: BA1530-B5-6-FBF-447-F-8026-03-A3545-C4-F35.jpg] [Image: 91963407-02-F2-40-DA-8086-59-EAFB9-AABE6.jpg] [Image: 2-F54-D7-E2-1-F5-D-408-A-BEDA-0-F36-C62-EA36-F.jpg]
Nice! We are headed there this Sat...