Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why all of a sudden the advertisements again?
All of a sudden, getting these advertisements again, only this time they pop up and cover almost the entire thread post I may be reading at the time..............   Thought that was one reason for the site 
change.

[Image: downsize-200k-v1.jpg]

I got nothing against 60's bathing suits, but sure not looking to buy one.........Huh
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I got a couple today but they were just links to a fishing site. BUT...they froze my browser on my phone when they popped up requiring me to close out and restart chrome. Not good!
Then you go outside of forum surfing the around web finding those ads followed you.  Angry
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Just did it again. Froze my browser, had to restart. I'm tired if this "new and improved" site. What a hassle.
I've only had it happen once, so far. An add for fishing in, Colorado. I must have picked a lucky straw because I haven't had issues with logging in, or anything else since the new site.
I'd be the one neighbor on the news after the serial killer was arrested like, "Nope, never saw a sign, nothing. He was a good guy". lol
(03-24-2020, 01:13 AM)Bduck Wrote: Then you go outside of forum surfing the around web finding those ads followed you.  Angry

Not sure what that means, but I sure don't surf the web looking for those. That same add used to come up on the side bar adds on the old site.........

Cool
I have not seen any ads on here - yet.  No clue about it.  But I don't come here except with my laptop - never use my phone for browsing forums.  I might Google a business now and again on my phone when I'm out & about, but forum work is all done at home on my PC.  And I'm using 'uBlock Origin' ( thanks Rocky ?) along with the DuckDuckGo search engine.  No ads here.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-24-2020, 12:33 PM)dubob Wrote: I have not seen any ads on here - yet.  No clue about it.  But I don't come here except with my laptop - never use my phone for browsing forums.  I might Google a business now and again on my phone when I'm out & about, but forum work is all done at home on my PC.  And I'm using 'uBlock Origin' ( thanks Rocky ?) along with the DuckDuckGo search engine.  No ads here.

Bob, I never use my phone for any kind of web/internet stuff. Mainly cuz I still just have an old flip phone...........Big Grin  most of my BFT site stuff is done on my home PC. Reading and maybe answering posts I can do from work.

Cool
(03-24-2020, 01:17 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Reading and maybe answering posts I can do from work.

I don't recognise that word.  What's it mean?

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(03-24-2020, 01:27 PM)dubob Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 01:17 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Reading and maybe answering posts I can do from work.

I don't recognise that word.  What's it mean?

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]

Well for today, and the near future, it don't mean much more than showing up.  And I'm on my countdown to not showing up any more. 97 days.....................

Cool
(03-24-2020, 11:22 AM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 01:13 AM)Bduck Wrote: Then you go outside of forum surfing the around web finding those ads followed you.  Angry

Not sure what that means, but I sure don't surf the web looking for those. That same add used to come up on the side bar adds on the old site.........
For instance, whenever I look at news it tends to pick up the forum ad I was visiting, which I'll bypass ad. The one I have been seeing is a Sportsman store in Colorado. I don't use my iphone for any forum but have option to use 2 different desk top operating systems and my iPad.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
As DuBob said, the solution, the antidote, the miracle ad preventer is the small add-in called uBlock Origin. Versions for both Chrome and Firefox.

It also helps a LOT to change your preferred search engine to Duck, Duck, Go instead of Google.
(03-24-2020, 01:41 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: As DuBob said, the solution, the antidote, the miracle ad preventer is the small add-in called uBlock Origin. Versions for both Chrome and Firefox.
AND - MS Edge.
It also helps a LOT to change your preferred search engine to Duck, Duck, Go instead of Google.  Yep!
Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I get dizzy when I get too close to the Edge.

Don't have to worry about any of that now that I've dumped Windows in favor of Linux Mint.
(03-24-2020, 02:28 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I get dizzy when I get too close to the Edge.

Don't have to worry about any of that now that I've dumped Windows in favor of Linux Mint.

All good info fellas, thanks. But since I use 2 different desk top PC's and one I can't change operating system or upload any different type of search engine or browser, I have to continue using what is compatible on both.
I started this thread mainly to ask why the new BFT site, which was supposedly eliminating all those pop up type ads, was suddenly allowing them to jump up and cover half my screen.   It happened 3 or 4  times yesterday, and each time I closed them, and clicked  the box that said "Don't show this ad anymore" and so far have not had anymore.

Cool
You should still be able to add uBlock Origin to the browser you're using. It solves a myriad of problems.
(03-24-2020, 02:20 PM)dubob Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 01:41 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: As DuBob said, the solution, the antidote, the miracle ad preventer is the small add-in called uBlock Origin. Versions for both Chrome and Firefox.
AND - MS Edge.
It also helps a LOT to change your preferred search engine to Duck, Duck, Go instead of Google.  Yep!

Big Grin

YAY !!  I just added the uBlock ad blocker...........seems to be working.  Thanks gentlemen Big Grin

Cool
They're worse, for sure. Ads are now taking up most of every post, right in the middle of what you're reading.....
All the ads are crap!   Something has to change or I will go elsewhere.   I used to love this site,   now  Sad Dodgy Angry Angry Angry
Mine are back and getting worse also. Good thing there's more forums