Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
new glow Kokanee dodgers it is getting close
A new way I made Glow Kokanee dodgers this year.First I made a mold of a dodger that worked best for me last year, using Alumilite High Strength 3 Liquid Mold Making Rubber. That takes about one day for the mold to set, then take Casting Resin epoxy it is two parts A & B mix them 1 to 1 add one kind of glow power mix in and pour that in the mold and then add other colors of glow one kind of resin I have sets up in 15 min. another says is sets up in 90 min. but I let it set about 3 hr. the one that sets fast is white the other is clear.. take that out and epoxy it to the dodger.Colors I like are pink, Chartreuse green, and Aqua blue.What this is giving me is more and longer glow than what I have had in the past. If you use glow some time's it does not work . Some time's I will have 4 setups that are glow .Most times I will have at least one that is glow.Using my humminbird 360 fish finder I have seen kokanee come to my setups as far away as 60 feet . the dodger is the number one attraction  , first would be thesound generation then the color. Sound And Color Work Together. It is the dodger and not the lure that first attracts. Then hope you have the right lure and scent to hook them. Plus about 5 other things that go along with this. The light from the camera changes what they look like some what they look better than what the camera shows
[Image: DSCN2340.jpg] [Image: DSCN2341.jpg] [Image: DSCN2343.jpg] [Image: DSCN2348.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 04:18 AM)liketrolling Wrote: A new way I made Glow Kokanee dodgers this year.First I made a mold of a dodger that worked best for me last year, using Alumilite High Strength 3 Liquid Mold Making Rubber. That takes about one day for the mold to set, then take Casting Resin epoxy it is two parts A & B mix them 1 to 1 add one kind of glow power mix in and pour that in the mold and then add other colors of glow one kind of resin I have sets up in 15 min. another says is sets up in 90 min. but I let it set about 3 hr. the one that sets fast is white the other is clear.. take that out and epoxy it to the dodger.Colors I like are pink, Chartreuse green, and Aqua blue.What this is giving me is more and longer glow than what I have had in the past. If you use glow some time's it does not work . Some time's I will have 4 setups that are glow .Most times I will have at least one that is glow.Using my humminbird 360 fish finder I have seen kokanee come to my setups as far away as 60 feet . the dodger is the number one attraction  , first would be thesound generation then the color. Sound And Color Work Together. It is the dodger and not the lure that first attracts. Then hope you have the right lure and scent to hook them. Plus about 5 other things that go along with this. The light from the camera changes what they look like some what they look better than what the camera shows
[Image: DSCN2340.jpg] [Image: DSCN2341.jpg] [Image: DSCN2343.jpg] [Image: DSCN2348.jpg]

Have you tried those dodgers? I'm wondering if all that resin expoxied to your dodger would change the action any? I'm guessing it would be heavier and a little thicker? Can you bend the dodger for different action with that glued on it? Or would it crack and fall off if you try to bend the dodger?
I'm thinking the same thing you are thinking; the last 4 I made I got them lighter and thinner.  they are quit light, will put a camera on and see what they look like.  

this dodger you don't bend it has good action.  I love this dodger you can buy it  in the store, don't know who sells them.  but they don't have glow  you get the right color and they work.
If I put this on a sling blade I would need to bend it then glue on the glow
(03-30-2020, 05:59 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I'm thinking the same thing you are thinking; the last 4 I made I got them lighter and thinner.  they are quit light, will put a camera on and see what they look like.  

this dodger you don't bend it has good action.  I love this dodger you can buy it  in the store, don't know who sells them.  but they don't have glow  you get the right color and they work.
If I put this on a sling blade I would need to bend it then glue on the glow

Well, they sure do look good! I hope they work for you.
I sure like the way they look. I can't wait to hear how they work. The blank is different than any I have seen.