Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek - 3/29
Headed to the Dam and used the Deer Creek trail to walk down the shoreline. It took quite a while to see any action! I started fishing at around 10 am and didn't hook my first fish until 1:30....slow start for sure. I saw a few others catch fish but it seemed slow for everyone. 

It wasn't until I started fishing the steep dropoffs at round 8-11 feet down that I started to hook some fish. I was using a balanced Leech (essentially a jig) that I got all my fish on. 

I ended up hooking 6 trout (4 rainbows and 2 browns) and one bass. Can't wait to go back next weekend!

Kyle
way to go they will not let me fish there any more.
Thanks for the report!  It sounds like you had to work for them, but that's not a bad showing in the end.  I try to time my Deer Creek fishing to optimize for mixed catches of trout and bass.  Sounds like it's still early, but getting close to time to try it.
Nice report! What did you catch the trout and bass on?
(03-30-2020, 06:11 PM)liketrolling Wrote: way to go they will not let me fish there any more.

Hey Robert -- so is the entire Deer Creek Res. considered a State Park? that why you're saying you can't go there? I'm pretty much stuck here in Davis Co. with no decent water (trolling)...and am considering taking my kayak to Bountiful Pond....Whoopee!! Big Grin
Yes the entire area around Deer Creek is a state park. As far as I know Jordanelle is the same way. All access points are on state park land.

I think that it's going a little over board as long people are staying spread out but they didn't ask me when making the decisions.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(03-31-2020, 04:44 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Hey Robert -- so is the entire Deer Creek Res. considered a State Park? that why you're saying you can't go there? I'm pretty much stuck here in Davis Co. with no decent water (trolling)...and am considering taking my kayak to Bountiful Pond....Whoopee!! Big Grin
Glad to see you finally made it in to BFT Joe.   Smile

(03-31-2020, 07:02 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: . . . they didn't ask me when making the decisions.
They didn't ask any of us.   Angry
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."