Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard west side
Can anyone give a report about the road going around the south side to west side of the duke. You know i ment dike...
(03-31-2020, 02:25 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Can anyone give a report about the road going around the south side to west side of the duke.
Sorry to tell you this - the "Duke" died several tears ago.   Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'm sure there were several tears, Bob.
(03-31-2020, 02:25 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Can anyone give a report about the road going around the south side to west side of the duke. You know i ment dike...

You should be able to make it back there easily but if your in a car you might get stuck we have been getting a good amount of rain up here the past couple of days so I would recommend a suv or a truck it is definitely going to be muddy the farther back you go the deeper mud and holes you will find just be awhere
(03-31-2020, 02:25 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: You know i ment dike...
Well of course I did.  But what fun would that be to let it slide with nary a comment?   Wink
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(03-31-2020, 06:07 PM)dubob Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 02:25 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: You know i ment dike...

Well of course I did.  But what fun would that be to let it slide with nary a comment?   Wink
How is the "can't fish Willard Bay order unless you are from Box Elder County" gonna affect coming in over the west "duke" Big Grin  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Quote:How is the "can't fish Willard Bay order unless you are from Box Elder County" gonna affect coming in over the west "duke" Big Grin  

Forest, not sure what county you are in but I did find out today that Weber and Box Elder county residents are allowed at Willard.
I went around to the southwest corner two weeks ago and it was a rough ride all the way from end of pavement to the corner. If willard bay is considered a state park then they should pave the road all the way around.
(03-31-2020, 11:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Quote:How is the "can't fish Willard Bay order unless you are from Box Elder County" gonna affect coming in over the west "duke" Big Grin  

Forest, not sure what county you are in but I did find out today that Weber and Box Elder county residents are allowed at Willard.

Can I ask where you found out that Weber County residents can fish Willard?
(03-31-2020, 11:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

That would be great, but on the Willard Bay State Park website is specificacally states  Box Elder County residents only, where did you get your information?
<quote option="&quot;obifishkenobi&quot; pid='1096868' dateline='1585710307'"><quote option="&quot;wiperhunter2&quot; pid='1096854' dateline='1585698186'"><quote>
<p><br />
<b><size option="medium" style="font-size:medium"><color option="#0000CD" style="color: #0000CD;">How is the "can't fish Willard Bay order unless you are from Box Elder County" gonna affect coming in over the west "duke" Big Grin  </color></size></b></p>
</quote><br />
<br />
<br />
Forest, not sure what county you are in but I did find out today that Weber and Box Elder county residents are allowed at Willard.</quote><br />
That would be great, but on the Willard Bay State Park website is specificacally states  Box Elder County residents only, where did you get your information?</quote>I went out to the corner yesterday and it's dry not much mud but the road is pretty tore up<br />
Quote:Can I ask where you found out that Weber County residents can fish Willard?

When I drove into the South marina yesterday, there was a sign by the pay station, that said only residents from Weber and Box Elder counties were allowed, then I also talked to the Willard state park manager and he told me the same thing.
It wouldn't surprise me that they have different rules for the South versus North marinas. That's because the South Marina borders the county line whereas the North one does not.
(04-01-2020, 01:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Quote:Can I ask where you found out that Weber County residents can fish Willard?

When I drove into the South marina yesterday, there was a sign by the pay station, that said only residents from Weber and Box Elder counties were allowed, then I also talked to the Willard state park manager and he told me the same thing.

If that is true, and I hope it is, I would sure like to see that information posted somewhere online by the state / county.  Not that I disbelieve you, but state park managers and rangers have been known to pass out information that turns out to be wrong or something lost in the telling between their bosses and the public. Undecided

(04-01-2020, 02:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me that they have different rules for the South versus North marinas. That's because the South Marina borders the county line whereas the North one does not.

Now that could be very possible. Would b e nice to get a DNR official to weigh in on this.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Okay, here is my take on this.  Believe it - or not.  Your choice.

The Parks website covering ALL State Parks is most likely managed by somebody at Parks HQ.  This is only a guess, but I would assume that it is updated periodically based on information available at HQ.  Input from individual parks is less forthcoming and may, or may not, be available to the IT folks that manage the website.

I would also guess that State Park Managers have a certain amount of leeway and management authority to manage their own park and make minor changes to management policy for their park and their park alone.  This may be where the Willard change in policy came from to include Weber County residents access to that park, and that park only.  And again, I'm only guessing here.

As to the South Marina being open to Weber County residents and the North Marina being closed to them - well I, for one, would be VERY surprised if that were true.  But I'm not curious enough to drive clear up to the North Marina to find out, or curious enough to call the Park and ask them and then wait for 1 to 5 days to get an answer.  But if some of you Box Elder folks that use the North Marina want to chime in - please - let us know what you know.  
Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Bingo, that's what the park manager told me exactly and having the DNR chime in would do no good, as I found out when I called them before calling the Willard park manager. The DNR said to call the park manager, so there you have t folks, take it or leave it.
Wh, since there were multiple opinions posted above, just exactly what is the "Bingo that's what you were told?"
(04-01-2020, 07:16 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Wh, since there were multiple opinions posted above, just exactly what is the "Bingo that's what you were told?"

I know this forum is a lot different than the old one, where you could see exactly who you are repling to but in the absents of a quote, you can assume that I was repling to the post directly above the one I made. I don't mind having a short quote, like I did with yours but Bob's reply was much longer than yours and I just figured everyone would see I was replying to him. So Bingo, I agreed with what he said and what he said was exactly what I was told as well. I guess the DNR comment was in reference to what Tin-Can said. Hope that helps.
It's because of that ambiguity that one can't assume a post is in reply to the one above it. So in summary of your post, it meant "What DuBob said."
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Wiperhunter resides in Weber County. Big Grin