Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Planting?
Does anyone know if they are still planting fish throughout Utah, or have they shut that down for now?
DNR web shows that they planted fish on 3/30 in salam pond Otter creek on 3/27.  So it looks like they are still planting!
They have been doing some stocking but I understand that they are not going to stock the urban ponds until things settle down with COVID-19. Sad
(03-31-2020, 04:12 PM)gofish435 Wrote: They have been doing some stocking but I understand that they are not going to stock the urban ponds until things settle down with COVID-19. Sad

Is salam pond not an urban pond?
(03-31-2020, 04:55 PM)fishalot13 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 04:12 PM)gofish435 Wrote: They have been doing some stocking but I understand that they are not going to stock the urban ponds until things settle down with COVID-19. Sad

Is salam pond not an urban pond?

Your right, Salem Pond is an urban fishery but if you notice it was stocked on January 30th, before things hit the fan. Smile
I see got my lines mixed!
The fish must go somewhare.  They can only afford to feed them to a certain size, then they must be planted.  They may hold some back for the local community ponds, but, most must go .......  somewhare.

I suppose they could go to a landfill: what a waste.  I don't see that happening.  

I can see them holding them for a week or two or three, maybe, but a body of water can only hold so much fish mass, and when they outgrown their home, they must be moved or die.

I am sure they are working on the problem.