Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Spin-n-Glos
I put up some info on making Smile Blades a short time ago.  Since then I have had requests for info on making other lures, like Spin-n-Glos.  I have pictorial writeups on making quite a few different jigs, spinners, spoons etc., but have never really put together anything on Spin-n-Glo making.  With all the extra time at home...courtesy of our current Covid situation...I put together some pics and some words and came up with something that might help anyone who can use it.

If anyone gets motivated (and masochistic) enough to want to venture into making Spin-n-Glos...or any other kind of lure...I can usually arrange a one-on-one session in my tackletorium.  No charge...and well worth it.
YOU DA man with the good stuff, 
Thanks Pat
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
tks T.D.--Printed it off for future use (like your Smiley blade inst.) I have had some success with boughten ones for koke trolling, but I sure like the colored ones you're showing here...now, if I can just get to use them somewhere...
(04-02-2020, 05:05 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: tks T.D.--Printed it off for future use (like your Smiley blade inst.) I have had some success with boughten ones for koke trolling, but I sure like the colored ones you're showing here...now, if I can just get to use them somewhere...

Ay, there's the rub.  Whether 'tis better to have lots of time to mess with tackle...or to spend all your time fishing.   I guess we just have to make the best use of the "downtime" so that when things "return to normal" we are better prepared to take full advantage of it.  But then again, in our wacko world, what really IS "normal".

Colors?  Most of us who have spent a few years on the water...and who are into perpetual experimentation...have developed our own preferences and ideas about which colors are best.  Unfortunately, when we go to our fave tackle purveyor we usually have to settle for whatever they have, rather than what we would like to have.  That is what got me making most of my own stuff.  And it's why I probably have every known color of paints, dyes, glitters and prism tape knowed to anglers.  And why I am always tinkering with new mixes and blends to get even more colors.  It never ends.  Hallelujah.