Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Golfing vs Fishing
So I'm hearing they are opening a golf course in SLC. In most cases they won't let people go fishing at a state park, that is out of their county. I wondering if they are allowing only people from that county to golf there. If they are allowing people from outside of that county to golf there, I'm wondering what the difference is?
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2020/03/17...itys-golf/
I don't know the anser to your question about county residency, but I can tell you that almost all golf courses are open for play - with personal restrictions in place. I've already played 10 rounds.

I don't normally even think about fishing until mid-April, but I hope they have Willard re-opened to all by then because I much prefer the north marina to the south.
I guess the Governor didn't made the decision to close any golf courses but that's the point, he leaves the golf courses open but closes the State parks to all but county residents, how is that fair. I bet there are less people out fishing than people at the golf courses. I'm guessing the Governor is a golfer Wink .
We all need to send letters, emails, phone calls, etc  to the Gov and let him know that fishing is also a good way to spend time and socially isolate during this crisis and get him to reopen the state parks to all people !!  I like fishing Utah Lake,  but would like to hit Deer Creek and Willard till some of the others ice out.
Just got back from the golf course (The Barn in Pleasant View) and it was so packed that I was only permitted to play the back nine. Still, it was a glorious 90 minutes of fresh air, sun, and exercise.

Oh, just to keep it kinda sorta like fishing, I did make one "cast" into the water. LOL!
(04-03-2020, 06:41 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Just got back from the golf course (The Barn in Pleasant View) and it was so packed that I was only permitted to play the back nine. Still, it was a glorious 90 minutes of fresh air, sun, and exercise.

Oh, just to keep it kinda sorta like fishing, I did make one "cast" into the water. LOL!

I occasionally work across the street from the Glendale course in, Salt Lake City. It has been packed everyday- allllll day. The mayor's of Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County want stricter and stricter restrictions, including making it a class B misdemeanor if you violate their orders. Yet, their courses are packed and open to everyone, from any county.
Why did God create golfing???

To keep the crazy people of the lakes.