Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helping others with the new site
As you might have noticed there have been a couple of liiiiitle problems after the redo. Curt is working his tail off to get things fixed and improved and we have come a long way. The newest thing is that you can't get back on if you log out. DON'T LOG OUT! But what about those who have and are now floating in limbo? I suggest you contact everyone you have a phone number or email for. See if they have even been able to get on the new site and if they aren't locked out with this new problem if they have. Do what you can to help and alert one of us if they need help. We can usually get ahold of them via email to help out.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-06-2020, 06:26 PM)catchinon Wrote: As you might have noticed there have been a couple of liiiiitle problems after the redo. Curt is working his tail off to get things fixed and improved and we have come a long way. The newest thing is that you can't get back on if you log out. DON'T LOG OUT! But what about those who have and are now floating in limbo? I suggest you contact everyone you have a phone number or email for. See if they have even been able to get on the new site and if they aren't locked out with this new problem if they have. Do what you can to help and alert one of us if they need help. We can usually get ahold of them via email to help out.

Craig, that's good  to know........now. About not logging off. Maybe it would have helped to know it last week.  But for some BFT'rs  that might use either public computers, work computers, or one PC for a household, and logging off is pretty much required, in todays technology age, I would think this nation wide web site could set itself up so that once someone has created a good profile with a valid user name, password, email, and 9 years of use, that person could log off AND BACK ON, without so much trouble.  Huh
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-06-2020, 07:23 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Craig, that's good  to know........now. About not logging off. Maybe it would have helped to know it last week.  But for some BFT'rs  that might use either public computers, work computers, or one PC for a household, and logging off is pretty much required, in todays technology age, I would think this nation wide web site could set itself up so that once someone has created a good profile with a valid user name, password, email, and 9 years of use, that person could log off AND BACK ON, without so much trouble.  Huh

One would certainly hope so, but then again maybe that is asking too much.
Forest, I'm just trying to stay patient. I have a myriad of things I think should be changed/fixed (can you spell pickerel correctly?) but they aren't very important and/or they'll get to them sometime. This really is a biggy and I hope they fix it soon. In the meantime I'll keep trying different things to figure out as many of the site's features as I can.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Can anyone tell me how to get noteafide when I get a responce to a post??
Bassrods
(04-09-2020, 02:52 AM)bassrods Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to get noteafide when I get a responce to a post??
Bassrods

When you find out, let me know.

The only way I get any word is if I check the subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies.  The problem with that is you have to log on to the site to find out you have a PM. Sad
(04-09-2020, 02:52 AM)bassrods Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to get noteafide when I get a responce to a post??
Bassrods

OK, Cliff, you should now receive an Email notice when you receive a Private message. Anyone else can set this uip your self by going to your Account Settings, go down and check the box that says, "notify by Email when private message is received", then go down to the bottom and hit button that says, "Save User" and you are set. Or I can do it for you if you send me a PM.