Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho shuts off license sales
On April 4th I received an email from the Idaho Fish and Game.  It read in part:

"At their April 4 meeting, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted a rule that temporarily suspends the sale of several types of nonresident fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits.  The action is effective immediately and lasts until the rule is repealed consistent with relevant state of Idaho public health orders."
Glad i allready bought mine this year Big Grin  now the question is can i use it
(04-06-2020, 09:19 PM)mme1 Wrote: Glad i allready bought mine this year Big Grin  now the question is can i use it

Maybe I was wise to wait to buy mine.  I sure hope not.
Kent I bought mine so if you want to go with me you can.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/frequently-...s-and-tags

Can a nonresident who has already bought a hunting or fishing license and tags still use them? Licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to April 4 are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons.
Not sure what the states stance is on non resident recreation, day trips may be ok, I'm sure any sort of camping would be frowned upon and not sure about motels.
There is only one reference in the Idaho General Order to non-residents:
Quote:h. For the purposes of this Order, “Essential Travel” includes travel for any of the following purposes.
(vi). Travel required  for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the State of Idaho.
That's it.  No mention any where about non-resident travel INTO the state.  And only "Essential Travel" is authorized within the State.  Their FAQs don't address non-resident travel through the state either.  Also, with regard to outdoor activities, the Idaho General Order says this:
Quote:8. Definitions and Exemptionsa. For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following “Essential Activities.”But people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and people who are sick are urged to stay in their residence to the extent possible except as necessary to seek medical care.(iii). To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 8.j., such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, bicycling, or running.
Doesn't specifically mention hunting or fishing.  But by the same token, hunting and fishing are not prohibited anywhere in the General Order.  Anybody contemplating making a fishing trip to Idaho is on their own to research the legality of doing so.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Kent you need to stop posting about Idaho  fishing. now I need to go.  this fishfinder I have is driving me crazy to go.
not sure I can do it alone. but I know some have. can sleep in my truck will not need a room.
looks like I just missed two good days
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/moun..._cj_strike
(04-07-2020, 04:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Kent you need to stop posting about Idaho  fishing. now I need to go. 

Posting about Idaho fishing is all that I am legally allowed to do. Cry
I want to go fishing next week. So what do I do?  I think I can go. they are saying don't go but you can.
https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/additional...ome-order/

RecreationQuestion: Can non-residents recreate in Idaho, and can Idahoans recreate across the state?Answer. Yes, but those considering doing so should consider carefully before traveling outside of your home county. The order allows individuals to “engage in outdoor activity” which includes but is not limited to walking, hiking, bicycling, or running. However, people recreating should follow these recommendations:
  • You must follow the Social Distancing Guidelines
  • Day trips near your home are strongly encouraged – such as hiking and biking. Minimize your travel distance from your home and spread out. If a trailhead is congested, consider finding another trail or going during off-peak hours.
  • Check before you go. Many campgrounds and trails may be closed. If you are going hunting or fishing, make sure to check Idaho Department of Fish and Game’s Seasons and Rules.
  • Bring all supplies you will need from home to avoid putting unnecessary strain on local grocery stores or convenient stores that serve the local population. Make sure you pack out all your trash and leave your space clean.
  • Outfitting and guiding is permissible so long as social distancing protocols and recreation guidelines are followed.
I'm putting myself on hold for the next cople of weeks.  The risks, for me, are not worth going anywhere until this crisis has fianlly turned the corner and the curve is on the downhill mode.  I have enough home projects to keep me busy for a few weeks.  Be safe out there everyone.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-07-2020, 12:39 AM)liketrolling Wrote: Kent I bought mine so if you want to go with me you can.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/frequently-...s-and-tags

Can a nonresident who has already bought a hunting or fishing license and tags still use them? Licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to April 4 are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons.
I didn't purchase my license before the sale to nonresidents was shut off, so it isn't an option for me to go.
Idaho will resume sales of nonresident licenses at 10 a.m. on May 16.  Yippee skippee! Smile
(05-14-2020, 11:05 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Idaho will resume sales of nonresident licenses at 10 a.m. on May 16.  Yippee skippee! Smile

Sweet!  Might salvage this summer yet.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.