Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kane County/Lake Powell
This just in: KANE COUNTY ORDINANCE NO. O 2020 – 10

KANE COUNTY ORDINANCE NO. O 2020 – 10 Wrote:2. Non-County Resident Use of Public Lands:

a. Any and all public lands in the unincorporated areas of the county may only be accessed by current county residents or owner of real property in the county (emphasis added) for recreational activities, including but not limited to: camping, hiking, ATV use, sightseeing, boating, rafting, or other similar recreational activities. All persons shall comply with state and federal social distancing guidelines while accessing public lands.

b. Any individual who is not a current resident of the County or does not own real property in the County may enter and leave the county for travel related purposes only but may not access any public lands for recreational purposes (emphasis added) as set forth in this Section 2a.

Couple that with recent Health Ordinances from Garfield & San Juan County and it would be very hard to find it legal for anybody NOT a resident of one of those counties to be doing anything in one of those counties other than just passing through one of those counties.  Recreation at Lake Powell is pretty much toast unless you are a resident of Garfield, Kane, or San Juan Counties.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-09-2020, 02:07 PM)dubob Wrote: Couple that with recent Health Ordinances from Garfield ...

Garfield?  Got a source?  There is nothing on the counties website to suggest that they've passed an ordinance similar to Kane county's.  They do have the subject on their agenda for April 13.  Just curious if you've seen something that says differently.

thanks.
(04-09-2020, 02:40 PM)PBH Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:07 PM)dubob Wrote: Couple that with recent Health Ordinances from Garfield ...
Garfield?  Got a source?  There is nothing on the counties website to suggest that they've passed an ordinance similar to Kane county's.  They do have the subject on their agenda for April 13.  Just curious if you've seen something that says differently.

thanks.
You can see the complete notice here: Garfield County announces additional recreation closures to keep emergency volunteers safe
Garfiled County Emergency Recreation Order Wrote:The following areas are temporarily closed for recreational use:

Upper and Lower Calf Creek Falls.
Deer Creek Campground.
All Escalante canyons.
Devil’s Rock Garden.
Zebra Slot Canyon.
Burr Trail (Long Canyon Slots, Big Pines Camp area, etc.).
Irish Canyons including Sandthrax Camping area.
Hog Springs Canyon.
Star Springs Campground.
North Wash.
Ticaboo/Bullfrog area.
And all other recreation sites where proper social distancing practices cannot be achieved.
Does that help?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
yes.  That helps.  The county is not closed, but many sites are.

I'm guessing we'll see all areas closed to non-residents, similar to Kane county's ordinance, very soon.
I wish they would close Salt Lake county to shopping for all non residents.
Gone Forever, I think that would do more to reduce the spread of Coronavirus than all the outdoor restrictions combined. I personally haven't been to a store in 24 days.
(04-09-2020, 10:38 PM)Joe_Hill Wrote: Gone Forever, I think that would do more to reduce the spread of Coronavirus than all the outdoor restrictions combined. I personally haven't been to a store in 24 days.

I agree 100%.  With the infections in the SW part of the state skyrocketing they need to stay out of populated areas to prevent spread as much as, if not more than, people going to remote areas and spreading out thousands of feet, not just a few feet.