Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid-19 restrictions?
Could someone who actually knows the full skinny update us all on the current restrictions, especially concerning fishing? I'm all set because I live in Utah county and only want to fish at UL. But my brother lives in Salt Lake county; I know he can't fish at UL State Park but is he permitted to fish at Lincoln Beach which is a county park? There are many questions like this and it would be nice to have the full picture.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thr restriction is limited to State Parks. Counties may impose theirs own also but, so far Lincoln Beach is fair game
Gov. Herbert extends 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' directive
KSL Report Wrote:SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert announced the state will extend its "Stay Home, Stay Safe" directive through the end of April.

His order, delivered in a Thursday afternoon press conference, mirrors that of Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson, who extended the county's more stringent stay-at-home order through May 1.

So now, we can't visit State Parks outside our county of residence until May 1, 2020. And, as did Salt Lake County, I'm fairly certain that other counties will be extending their restriction end dates very soon. If you want to check on the latest about what is going on, you might want to bookmark the link in you browser and check it daily because counties aren't being monitored as rigorously by the news outlets as is the State. Here's the link: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/special-orders/

And as of this writing, there is no mention in the Utah County Directive about any Utah Lake venues being closed. The Utah Lake State Park is closed by the State Directive, not a county directive.  But changes are occurring almost daily throughout the state, so it would be prudent to call ahead, if possible, to any venue you might want to visit on the Utah Lake.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I checked both Utah and Wasatch County websites this morning.  Their COVID-19 restrictions are posted front and center on their websites.  While both counties are following the State order about barring non-residents of counties from using State Parks, there were no further restrictions listed...which to me means there are no other legal restrictions other than following social distancing and group size restrictions on public lands / waters.  If someone can provide written documentation otherwise, I would encourage it, because it seems that there may be more stringent rumors making the rounds.  Rumors aren't restrictions!
Aprio Fools day seemed to spawn a lot of rumors about restrictions and closures, I know there where quite a few on Facebook.
(04-10-2020, 05:49 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Aprio Fools day seemed to spawn a lot of rumors about restrictions and closures, I know there where quite a few on Facebook
I believe it pronounced FAKEbook.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(04-10-2020, 05:27 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: I checked both Utah and Wasatch County websites this morning. Their COVID-19 restrictions are posted front and center on their websites. While both counties are following the State order about barring non-residents of counties from using State Parks, there were no further restrictions listed...which to me means there are no other legal restrictions other than following social distancing and group size restrictions on public lands / waters. If someone can provide written documentation otherwise, I would encourage it, because it seems that there may be more stringent rumors making the rounds. Rumors aren't restrictions!
I already gave you a link to the Wasatch County documentation on the Strawberry- Deer Creek HOT thread.  You CAN"T recreate in Wasatch County unless you are a Wasatch County resudent.  Utah County hasn't restricted non-residents - YET!
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[/quote]
I believe it pronounced FAKEbook.
[/quote]
I believe you are right, I don't have it myself, but my better half was asking alot of questions about stuff she had seen on it about the restrictions.
Copied this from KSL while at work earlier today.............

Gov. Herbert changing state parks directive into executive order

Gov. Gary Herbert decided to turn his state park directive into an executive order, meaning there would be a possible penalty for those who don’t follow it.

Herbert said Utah’s state parks would remain open, but only for residents in the county where their state park is located. It was issued as part of his “Stay Safe, Stay Home” directive.

He later decided to make his directive into an order, meaning there would be a law enforcement element behind it.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
So, now that my State Parks Pass is invalid, I live in Weber and we don't have state parks, when am I getting my refund?
(04-11-2020, 04:12 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: So, now that my State Parks Pass is invalid, I live in Weber and we don't have state parks, when am I getting my refund?
Never!   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah