Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
I am trying to figure out if I can fish East Canyon.  I know I can't access that lake from the State Park Enterance but can I fish it from an access area of the road or is the entire lake closed to people who are not residents of Morgan County.
My understanding is that the entire lake is part of the State Park, and as such, is limited to residents of that County.  I would like to think that I was wrong, but ......
(04-11-2020, 10:44 PM)catchandrelease Wrote: I am trying to figure out if I can fish East Canyon.  I know I can't access that lake from the State Park Enterance but can I fish it from an access area of the road or is the entire lake closed to people who are not residents of Morgan County.

As with MOST (not all) State Parks with water access, the whole body of water is within the boundary lines of the State Park.  Here is a map of those boundary lines for East Canyon.  The heavy green line is the boundary line.  There is a very small area of water outside that line at the dam itself.  I would not fish that without first checking with the Park Manager directly to verify that this area is in deed outside the park.  The rest of the lake is off limits to anybody NOT living in Morgan County.  Click the picture to see the whole picture.

[Image: East-Canyon-Park.jpg]

These maps showing the complete area within the State Park boundary lines are available for each State Park on the Official State Parks website for each individual park.  I got the one above by clicking on the 'MAP' button in the picture below.

[Image: Click-here.png]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob, thanks for sharing the map locations for the state parks, I did not know they existed
(04-12-2020, 02:28 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Bob, thanks for sharing the map locations for the state parks, I did not know they existed

You're welcome.   Smile

Lots of folks weren't/aren't aware of that feature.  It's a very good resource for planning fishing strategies for lots of bank tanglers, don't cha know.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Here is a question and hope there are a few ragers that read could let us know.  are they really enforcing the rule?
Some customers have said yes, others said no.  I think it depends on which LEO is on duty and who is complaining about non-county people on site.