Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like I can fish Utah Lake, no state park.
I got my boat out of winter storage on Saturday AM and after finishing spring maintenance, my son and I decided to head down to UL (we live in SL county) to at least get on the water.  We launched from the AF boat harbor about 1:30pm.  We were met at the gate by an attendant and Officer Friendly from the DNR.  No hassles getting in to launch (after paying the $8 fee) but the officer did check my boat registration puportedly to ensure that I had not been at Lake Powell in the last 30 days.

There were about 20 other boat trailers in the lot and 3-4 launching around the same time we did.  I have not fished UL for years so I have no secret spots but we cruised over near the pump house by the Jordan River outlet and fished that general area for the next hour or so with no luck.  Saw plenty of fish on the finder but could not put anything in the water that would entice a hit. 

The weather was great and the lake was calm and flat so we decided to cruise across the lake to the old Geneva bubble up. We fished in that general area and both my son and I were each able to hook up with what I would call typcial UL white bass. I caught mine on a gold spoon and he caught his on bait, but again we saw way more fish on the finder but little action.  A small weather front blew in while we were there so we eventually decided to head back over to the harbor.  We fished briefly outside the harbor, same story, could see them on the finder but no action.  We finally trailered the boat around 4:30 and headed home.  There were plenty of folks fishing from the bank at the harbor and we saw 1-2 guys catching.

All-in-all we felt good about the trip, but would have preferred to be at Jordanelle or Deer Creek.  Hope the State Park nonsense is ended soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looks like I can fish Utah Lake, no state park. - by jebrown2 - 04-13-2020, 04:26 PM