Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finder Information Humminbird
Hey Jeff,  We just got the Helix 7 for ice fishing this winter.  Not sure which one but paid $699 for it.  We have a Helix 9 for our fish finder on the boat and the Ulterra minnekota bow mount.  As of now I have the Helix 9 linked to the ulterra and connected to the transducer on the transom of the boat.  It has the side imaging and down imaging on it but we hardly ever use that.  What I do like is that it has the i pilot link to the ulterra.  That used in combination with the lakemaster chip is absolutely amazing.  I use my 9.9 kicker to push the boat and the ulterra to steer.  With the lakemaster chip I can use a feature called "follow the contour" and the boat in essence steers itself.  I don't have to do a thing except look around for other boats occasionally.  I can sit and watch my poles no problem and just fish.  Another thing I like about the Ulterra is that I can launch my boat easily by myself.  I went to Strawberry and slid the boat off the trailer, a guy in his boat parked on the dock asked me if I wanted him to go grab my boat.  I said no thanks remotely deployed the ulterra and drove it out away from the ramp and anchor locked it.  Took the truck and trailer parked it went back down and drove the boat over to the dock jumped in and was on my way.  Had to chuckle by some of the reaction on the ramp.  Right now I have the Helix 7 hooked up to the transducer on the ulterra.  Kinda like that when I'm casting I can see the depth with the transducer on the front of the boat instead of the one on the back.  Don't have mine networked to each other because I just don't see the benefit.  Still have more to learn about each one to be more efficient but have fun doing it!!!

Messages In This Thread
Finder Information Humminbird - by SkunkedAgain - 04-13-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by knottyhookr - 04-14-2020, 04:09 AM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by MSM1970 - 04-14-2020, 06:51 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by a_bow_nut - 04-14-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by MSM1970 - 04-14-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by MSM1970 - 04-14-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by packfish - 04-15-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by a_bow_nut - 04-15-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: Finder Information Humminbird - by 2knots - 04-16-2020, 11:23 PM