Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report 4-14-20
I met CDBRC1, Clint, and his grandson Landon around 7 yesterday morning. It was a chilly 26°. We fished out from the springs down as far as where the poplars start. The water was 46° and got all the way up to 48° when we quit at 12:30. We fished in 10-11.5 fow and then they went in closer to shore while I ventured further out. They caught one at 7.5'. It was very slow so we decided to go over by the slough. They managed to get another one in the shallower water. At 10:30 I had a good strong bite but when I pulled the rod out of the holder there was nothing but slack. My big thrill for the day. My first skunk on cats this year. But as I always say, that just means I have a day coming in the future where I can't keep them off the hooks. Not much mystery why the fishing was so poor considering the cold snap and the temperature of the water. The day I caught five last week the water was 55°+. Maybe by Friday or Saturday it will warm up some more and I intend to find out. Then next week it's supposed to be warmer but rainy.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Ya its been tough this  year with the water temps,  those fish dont know to swim suits or thermals on, when its cold sometimes it better late in the day so those fish have a chance to thaw out and get hungry. It will get better for cats.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I agree. This time of year afternoon fishing seems to be better for me. Water picks up more BTUs and cats warm up a little. But I'm a bank fisherman too. Thank for your report
It was a good day on the water, cool but good.   The two we got, one each, were 24 and 26 1/2  .  One on a green flig, and one on a sante cooper.   Only two hits for the day.   Was good to be out of the house and outdoors.   Good to meet Creg.
If things would quit going wrong I would join you one day Craig. But I just had mishap on the way to the lake the other day where the cover over the engine blew open going down the road and broke so I got to get it it fixed now before I can take boat out.... I'm about to sink this boat I tell you...it it doesn't sink me first.  But I'll get it all ready and then I can meet up with you and we can do some drifting or something
Drifting is good. It's probably better than anchoring up as you can put the bait in front of more fish, even if you are going slow. The movement also attracts them.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.