Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Provider Help
I need some recommendations for Internet Providers. The only hard requirement I need to meet is a minimum of 3Mps upload speed. My daughter in law is working from home and that is the company requirements. The provider I have now is only getting me 1.6 Mps upload. She does alright with it but the last couple of days it has dropped to 1.3 and the telemarketing system she is using does not work. To keep it where she can work we have to turn off all other phones, tablets, Netflix for the day while she is there.

So I need to find something that everyone can use at the same time. Good reliability, fair price, decent customer service would be a bonus and in the next couple days would be a big help.

Thanks for any help.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
It depends on where you live but I've been using Exfinity or years and have not had many issues with them and IMO their customer service is good. If you bundle with them, you can get a lower price. I use to use century link before that but I switched over because they did not have the high speed internet at the time but I think they have been working on that for a number of years, so depending on your area, that might be another option.
I use a company called Rise Broadband.  If you live in an area that they service, they put a dish on your property that points to one of their ground towers.  Their system uses a radio frequency (RF) carrier to carry the connection.  I have a 20Mbs connection that costs me less than $50 per month.  I've been with them for at least 10 years with no issues at all.  There customer service is top notch.  If you find they will work for you, please tell them I referred you.  I get a credit on my bill if you do.  Big Grin ​ 
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks for the replies.  Checking out a few companies.  Rise told me they can't help me because of my neighbors trees.  Xfinity is looking to be what I need.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.