Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB my favorite place in the world
Hit Lincoln Beach Friday and Saturday. It was a little slow, but I got 17 in the boat. Caught them all on night crawler and shrimp. I also got to fish with a man I have admired for many years; TubeDude on Saturday.
Friday I got on the water at 1:30 pm. Landed my first at 1:50 a 22 1/2" and had another 2 4 1/2" ten minutes after.  That one my dog fell out of the boat. It was 1 foot rocking waves all day. She was swimming around wanting to help me get that cat. Lol. I managed to get it netted without them tangling up. I got 5 more two 26" quiting at 5:00.  
Pat met me at dawn and we hit the water together, sorta. Oh coarse him in his tube. And we fliged around a little. But after around a hour or so I gave up and headed back where I was Friday and went back to bobber fishing. I never stay more than an hour without a bite at one spot. I fished the weeds hard. Caught my first at 9:45 am. About every half hour I'd get another. Moving often and at 11:25 after my 6th, I took a lunch break. My biggest that morning 26 1/2" and 2 5 1/2"
 Took a nap and then went out and got four more and another 2 6 incher. Making 17 in all. [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media7586435914039463204.jpg] [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media5825749969729140517.jpg]

This was my first time using my new bump board. I had a treble time trying to get the whole thing in the picture with my phone. This is the only one that turned out right. But I'm going to start keeping a log of what I catch and how I did it. My memory just isn't as good as it used to be. Lol, I met Craig out on the water and told him I had three 26 1/2frs. But my notes say only one. And three at  26" . [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media3978038576858296802.jpg] [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media6154783188012493165.jpg]

This was my first time using my new bump board. I had a had a hard time trying to get the whole thing in the picture with my phone. That one up obove is the only one that turned out right. But I'm going to start keeping a log of what I catch and how I did it. My memory just isn't as good as it used to be. Lol, I met Craig out on the water and told him I had three 26 1/2frs. But my notes say only one. And three at  26" . [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media3978038576858296802.jpg] [Image: amazon-photos-shared-media6154783188012493165.jpg]
I was fishing in deeper water than I like at this time of year at 3 feet. But that South weedline I love is almost impenetrable now. But I work into any openings I can find and fish the pockets.

That 20 lb. Power Pro is awesome line. I learned about it from you guys at the flotilla last year. I was horsing them through that brush. Several times they would tangle me up and I had to get my screw driver to wrap the line and try to break it. And I would pull and pull and I swore it broke, but then the hook is still there. Some times you have to go over and untangle them by hand.
Oh, I just remembered, I love those red and white bobbers. That's all my mentors used. Well if anyone does try this weed fishing and used them. Be prepared to loose them about 80% of the time, while you fight them through the weeds.
Hey randy glad you made it down. Sounds like you did real well. I made it out Saturday afternoon later for a short time and didn't do so well. Was more wanting to get time driving on new bearings in out drive at slow Speed.  We did fish for an hour and got nothing we were in 6 fow. It was up to  62 degrees  at 7 pm. And I know what you mean by pulling them through the weeds they can really get you tangled up.
Hey moose, I'm just getting to know my new boat. I would love to get you and your boy out there and show you how to fish those weeds. I did see another boat this weekend, a jet drive I think, it came close to me and then further down they dove into the weeds. But latter when I drive past them no-one was in the boat. They might have been duck hunters just prospecting or they were wading and fishing. I used to like to wade Utah Lake when I was younger. When the fishing got slow at Bird or the flats i would Get out and wade. But where I fish I seldom see anybody. That's why I love it so much. My own personal heaven. And you are invited. Lol.
Hey Randy, it was good to see you and your furry first mate again.  Beautiful Weimaraner.  Well behaved too.

Glad your spot held up for you.  The heavy winds from the day before seemed to have moved the fish either shallow or deep (in the weeds).  I usually do pretty well off BS...and catch some good fish this time of year.  Saturday...not so much.  Only got three and the biggest was barely a 2-footer.

Hope you are able to make it down again before Henry's opens up.

[Image: FAST-RANDY-CHANNEL-PILOT.jpg]
I thought randy had an aluminum boat or at least not one like that that is a lot more boat than I remember. That looks really nice randy.  When you are thinking of coming again let me know hopefully we can join you some way in the weeds wether in seperate boats or if this is lifted same boat....
I did get another boat. This is aluminum also. But lots nicer. I put my other boat for sale on Craigslist and the add came out right after the $1200 checks came out. It sold in one day for $1600. I do want to go back down. I only kept two cats and gave one away. I want to get some more to smoke. I never got around to trying that last year. So I'll let you know when. Probably a week or so.
Hey Randy, it was nice meeting you out on the water. I wish I had had time to go with you so I could learn how you fish them in the weeds. It sounds like what Mooseman introduced me to last year. If you don't mind I'd like to tag along when you come down again.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-27-2020, 05:51 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Hey moose, I'm just getting to know my new boat. I would love to get you and your boy out there and show you how to fish those weeds. I did see another boat this weekend, a jet drive I think, it came close to me and then further down they dove into the weeds. But latter when I drive past them no-one was in the boat. They might have been duck hunters just prospecting or they were wading and fishing. I used to like to wade Utah Lake when I was younger. When the fishing got slow at Bird or the flats i would Get out and wade. But where I fish I seldom see anybody. That's why I love it so much. My own personal heaven. And you are invited. Lol.
Randy, The boat you saw go up in the weeds was more than likely fishermen of another sort. Bow hunting Carp.
Yea, they were probably bowfishing. Each night while I was camping at LB, I would walk down both sides of the channel trying to find someone with a carp so I could get a fresh fellet. No luck.
Craig, it might be a couple weeks before I get back down. I just look for pockets in the weeds that I can get into. If you look at the toolie weed line starting at Bengiman Slew, it is solid and impenetrable. So you can see a solid line that goes for miles. Well where the yellow solid  toolies end and the brown trees start to show is where you can find the pockets.