Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake North End
Hit Utah Lake shortly after sunrise Saturday morning. My son and I in one boat and Kent in his boat for social distancing purposes. We fished within sight of each other for safety reasons. Wanted to try for some white bass at the mouth of the American Fork River. No one told the river, it did not show up. No water at all running in. No white bass were hurt. Had to use last year frozen white bass for bait.
   Headed to the spot I like early in the year by some brush. Last year at this time it was about 2' deep there. This year 4' deep. Last year at this time the bushes were all leafed out this year they still look dead. Anchored up and tossed out a variety of baits under bobbers. Kinda slow then picked a couple up. My son caught a carp on shrimp so he fileted it up and I tossed a chunk out. We ended up boating seven and breaking a couple off in the weeds. They were all between 24" and 27" females. The baits of choice in order of hits were worms, carp, shrimp, white bass. Slower than usual but okay for our first trip. Kept four to put Tubedudes filet lesson and Ice Sleds deep fry lesson from last years flotilla to use.
[Image: IMG-0159.jpg]
Sure glad you were kind enough to not say anything about how "Kent" did.  Maybe, he should have skipped eating a banana for breakfast. Undecided
(04-27-2020, 04:41 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Sure glad you were kind enough to not say anything about how "Kent" did.  Maybe, he should have skipped eating a banana for breakfast. Undecided

ROFLMAO Big Grin
Good fishing to all.   Hue
does it count having bananas in a smoothie?
Nice catch!  Thanks for the report.  Looking forward to the middle of May and catching some white bass with my family.
(04-27-2020, 04:12 PM)lifeshort Wrote: Hit Utah Lake shortly after sunrise Saturday morning. My son and I in one boat and Kent in his boat for social distancing purposes. We fished within sight of each other for safety reasons. Wanted to try for some white bass at the mouth of the American Fork River. No one told the river, it did not show up. No water at all running in. No white bass were hurt. Had to use last year frozen white bass for bait.
   Headed to the spot I like early in the year by some brush. Last year at this time it was about 2' deep there. This year 4' deep. Last year at this time the bushes were all leafed out this year they still look dead. Anchored up and tossed out a variety of baits under bobbers. Kinda slow then picked a couple up. My son caught a carp on shrimp so he fileted it up and I tossed a chunk out. We ended up boating seven and breaking a couple off in the weeds. They were all between 24" and 27" females. The baits of choice in order of hits were worms, carp, shrimp, white bass. Slower than usual but okay for our first trip. Kept four to put Tubedudes filet lesson and Ice Sleds deep fry lesson from last years flotilla to use.
[Image: IMG-0159.jpg]

Those are some good looking Cats
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool