Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow 04/28/20
Hit Sand Hollow early on Tuesday morning. Been fishing really good in recent past for me, but definitely was slower for me this trip. I also wasnt really fishing because I took my 2 nephews with me for their first time bass fishing. We missed several fish but had a good time! I was just glad they were each able to land 1.

We ended up getting 2 decent largemouth to the boat. By 11 AM there were quite a few fisherman out, but I didnt notice a lot of catching going on. We tried lots of plastics, swim baits texas rig, drop shot, spinner baits, ned rigs.
Koko21 pid= Wrote:Hit Sand Hollow early on Tuesday morning. Been fishing really good in recent past for me, but definitely was slower for me this trip. I also wasnt really fishing because I took my 2 nephews with me for their first time bass fishing. We missed several fish but had a good time! I was just glad they were each able to land 1.

We ended up getting 2 decent largemouth to the boat. By 11 AM there were quite a few fisherman out, but I didnt notice a lot of catching going on. We tried lots of plastics, swim baits texas rig, drop shot, spinner baits, ned rigs.

Saturday morning was slow for us also. We didn't notice much catching going on, but we did manage to get five in the boat.
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
(04-30-2020, 04:46 AM)lakepowellnut Wrote:
Koko21 pid= Wrote:Hit Sand Hollow early on Tuesday morning. Been fishing really good in recent past for me, but definitely was slower for me this trip. I also wasnt really fishing because I took my 2 nephews with me for their first time bass fishing. We missed several fish but had a good time! I was just glad they were each able to land 1.

Saturday morning was slow for us also. We didn't notice much catching going on, but we did manage to get five in the boat.

We went shore fishing last Saturday evening.  Between 3 of us, we landed 11 fish in about 3 hours.  The night before that, my kid and brother were fishing in the evening (Friday night) and caught 5.

That said, the fish were very picky and deeper.  We could barely cast out to them.  Few males in shallow but most fish were further out.
Slayed them 3 days straight.  All in close, between the trees.  Black was the ticket.  Moving at a good clip.  We frustrated a lot of jig fishers around us as they watched us pull in fish after fish.
Gave our advice, showed them what we were using, they wouldn't listen so all they heard was "Another one!"...