Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-11 FG
Took my brother in law out to the gorge, last time he fished was 2010. It didn't disappoint us, with limits of kokes and 1 bow
[Image: BFFC659-A-BC16-4-F72-B85-F-86-A1282-D4-E57.jpg] upload image
Nice going Alan, did you do the turn & burn? Strawberry is on my next list when this weather starts cooperating. For now it gives me time to fix my boat that died in the driveway with electrical after last trip to the Gorge. Huh
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Bduck pid= Wrote:Nice going Alan, did you do the turn & burn? Strawberry is on my next list when this weather starts cooperating. For now it gives me time to fix my boat that died in the driveway with electrical after last trip to the Gorge. Huh

Yes a turn and burn, at least staying 2 days is much nicer lol. I'm going to try and hit the Berry late this week. Funny you have electrical issues, I had an issue with my trailer running lights but got it fixed today, changed the truck and trailer recepticales as they were breaking and must of shorted out and blew the fuse under the hood
Quote:Tongue "2knots" pid='1099638' dateline='1589240261'
Took my brother in law out to the gorge, last time he fished was 2010. It didn't disappoint us, with limits of kokes and 1 bow
[Image: BFFC659-A-BC16-4-F72-B85-F-86-A1282-D4-E57.jpg] upload imageGood for you 2knots!  Wife and I are here at FG now, too.  Koke fishing was hot for us today, 5/12, with doubles and some really nice sized Kokes.  Wind blew us off the water about 11:00 am.  We're in a blue trophy.  If you see us, say hello.
This is my first post on the new system.  Hope it works ok.  No pictures as they are on cell phone. Trueblue
trueblue2 pid= Wrote:
Quote:Tongue "2knots" pid='1099638' dateline='1589240261'
[Image: BFFC659-A-BC16-4-F72-B85-F-86-A1282-D4-E57.jpg] upload imageGood for you 2knots!  Wife and I are here at FG now, too.  Koke fishing was hot for us today, 5/12, with doubles and some really nice sized Kokes.  Wind blew us off the water about 11:00 am.  We're in a blue trophy.  If you see us, say hello.
This is my first post on the new system.  Hope it works ok.  No pictures as they are on cell phone. Trueblue

I was just there for the day so I'll hopefully catch you on another trip. Yes there are some good sized fish for early season. Are you fishing on the west side of the lake, we noticed 2 degree warmer water along the west side shores and marked a lot more fish, kokes and lakers then we did elsewhere
We noticed the temp difference too.  Caught fish on both sides, but more on the West side.  We were not getting strong sonar signals back.  A local said  that was typical at this time of year.  Puzzled by this.  Almost left the school thinking I wasn't seeing fish!  Looking forward to two more days here.  Hope to see you at Strawberry one day.
Zippp Squids were the serious catching machine for us.
Trueblue
trueblue2 pid= Wrote:We noticed the temp difference too.  Caught fish on both sides, but more on the West side.  We were not getting strong sonar signals back.  A local said  that was typical at this time of year.  Puzzled by this.  Almost left the school thinking I wasn't seeing fish!  Looking forward to two more days here.  Hope to see you at Strawberry one day.
Zippp Squids were the serious catching machine for us.
Trueblue

Our best depths have been 18 to 23' down on the rigger and they are really liking slow at 1.2 on the gps. Let me know when your headed to the Berry and hopefully we can meet up, I'm heading up there tomorrow to give it a go. Good luck on the rest of your trip at the gorge