Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek - Memorial Weekend
Hey guys, 

I had my boat out with my kiddo Sunday and Monday and got by butt handed to me! I launched at Charleston and tried fishing at multiple depths and locations at the north end of the lake but I couldn't find many fish. 

Does Deer Creek fish better later in the year? Or is there a section of the lake that fishes better? I've tried that north end several times but never had much luck. 

There were birds all over the place, but I didn't see many people catch fish. The weather was great, but the fishing was tough. Any help would be appreciated!

Kyle
(05-26-2020, 02:14 PM)kjox21 Wrote: Hey guys, 

I had my boat out with my kiddo Sunday and Monday and got by butt handed to me! I launched at Charleston and tried fishing at multiple depths and locations at the north end of the lake but I couldn't find many fish. 

Does Deer Creek fish better later in the year? Or is there a section of the lake that fishes better? I've tried that north end several times but never had much luck. 

There were birds all over the place, but I didn't see many people catch fish. The weather was great, but the fishing was tough. Any help would be appreciated!

Kyle
Brown or Black balanced leech on sinking line seems to do good on the west shore by the dam. Slow drift on the bank would probably get you plenty of good strikes. The fish don't seem to far off the bank since it is so steep so fish close. If I had a boat that's where I would fish. 

fnf Cool