Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Shoreline Adoption
(05-30-2020, 11:52 AM)catchinon Wrote: Pat, I've been thinking about that a lot as I've been trolling past there. I'm all for it. How do we start that ball rolling? What would it take to make it possible for fishing boats to launch there?;imagine how nice it would be to avoid all the Power Squadron when launching/loading. How deep is the channel?

And while we're in this area, would the Cat House be under water now and if so how could one locate it without having one's boat bite it?

Love your graphics. Just for clarification: where it says Posted No Access on the satellite image is actually the part that was recently purchased, right?
First of all, I am not advocating opening the small ramps to all boat traffic...to take pressure off the main ramp.  My idea is to create something like the PWC ramp at Jordanelle...for small watercraft only.  The ramps location, access, size and condition are not favorable for today's large boats.

At today's water levels, the depth in the channel is probably comparable to that in the main launch ramp channel...about 6-7 feet.  But at extreme low water there is usually still enough depth to launch tubes and toons without too much danger...and to make it out to the best fishing.

As you surmised, the area on the old map labeled "Posted No Access" has since been acquired by the county and is in the planning stages for some great remodeling.  In order to undertake our own phrag removal project, we would probably need to get the approval (if not the blessing...or assistance) from Utah County.  The water depth where the vegetation has rooted is probably not more than 2-3 feet deep.  A few guys with shovels could do it.  But a Bobcat would be faster and better.

I know Sam Braegger, of the Utah Lake Commission, fairly well.  But with your connection as the head of our area adoption program for Lincoln Beach, you would probably be the best person to contact Sam about our anticipated project.  With his knowledge of the county commissioners he may be able to make suggestions or contacts to help get the ball rolling.  Once we have the okay we can organize a phrag party to clean out those old ramps and restore access to us "floatation fishing" types.

Attaching some pics to help visually with locating the potentially hazardous rocks at the mouth of the L.  If you don't have them on GPS they are hard to find at high water...except with your prop.  It is good to know where they are and move slowly around them...with an eye on the sonar.  They come up fast off the bottom, so using sound to locate them is not a good idea.
[Image: L-AT-LOW-TIDE-2.jpg][Image: L-AT-LOW-TIDE.jpg][Image: L-MOUTH-2.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Shoreline Adoption - by catchinon - 05-29-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: Lincoln Beach Shoreline Adoption - by soceye - 05-30-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: Lincoln Beach Shoreline Adoption - by TubeDude - 05-30-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Shoreline Adoption - by soceye - 05-31-2020, 07:47 PM