Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River / Willard bank tangling report
It was a short quick run saturday. Cookie and I hit the BRBR early in the AM to see about that elusive 30" cat. Had planned to walk into one of the farther out holes, but when we got there water levels were very low, so we threw in quick at one of the standard roadside spots. Waved at John as he drove by to hit the lower end. Hope he had better luck. We only had two small nibbles from bait thiefs. little breeze kept the bug at bay. Headed out and with a couple hrs before it got hot and opted to just hit Willard quick, where Cookie did get a nice standard Willard sized 23" Cat. He took sucker meat on a Santee rig. 

The video attached are a few clips chasing cats before her stroke and after. Just some fun pieces I had that seemed like fun to throw togther.

I hear the smallies are tugging at Echo. Might find my way there early this week.

https://youtu.be/FkOSk4R6PbQ
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Way to go guys! Cookie hasn't lost her touch! Was Saturday a zoo at Willard like folks at the Berry were experiencing?
We only were only at Willard for an hour or so around 9AM, but it was a steady stream of boats with at least 5-7 in que the whole time. But they behaved pretty well and it was pretty orderly while we watched.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Glad to see Cookie getting back at it, that's great news... Congrats for getting after them... Think I'm going on a month without a fish trip, I'm starting to need one really bad... Almost forgot where I left my poles... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I'm impressed that Cookie's fishing line is color coordinated with her fishing rod. Reel (not to be Confused with real) classy.
(06-01-2020, 04:35 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Glad to see Cookie getting back at it, that's great news... Congrats for getting after them... Think I'm going on a month without a fish trip, I'm starting to need one really bad... Almost forgot where I left my poles... Later Jeff

We are going to be up you way fishing next tues or wed.

(06-01-2020, 05:48 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I'm impressed that Cookie's fishing line is color coordinated with her fishing rod.  Reel (not to be Confused with real) classy.

She said her socks matched, too. Unlike her husband who she is unsure if I even had socks on