Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Smallmouth Report
It was a solo run for me today. Cookie wanted more pillow time. So, the Wookie and I snuck out at sunrise and headed to Echo to tease some Smallmouth Bass. They are close to the shore and very avaliable to the bank tangler who is boatless. They are also very active. 

I fished the east side south of the park. I found them on the mud/sand flats just off structure, near the flooded brush, and in the rock fingers. I was finesse jigging with an ultra light and 4lb test mono. Ned rig type set up with perch colors. 1/16 jig heads and even some smaller. Perch were also there in the early AM and I picked up a few, but moved away from them to target the bass.

Its alot of fun when the smallies smash an ultralight. 

Got a short video of me and the Wookie getting into them...

https://youtu.be/UrHUN_1gu40

[Image: 20200601-064115.jpg]

[Image: 20200601-072045.jpg]

[Image: 20200601-072649.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-01-2020, 11:36 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It was a solo run for me today. Cookie wanted more pillow time. So, the Wookie and I snuck out at sunrise and headed to Echo to tease some Smallmouth Bass. They are close to the shore and very avaliable to the bank tangler who is boatless. They are also very active. 

I fished the east side south of the park. I found them on the mud/sand flats just off structure, near the flooded brush, and in the rock fingers. I was finesse jigging with an ultra light and 4lb test mono. Ned rig type set up with perch colors. 1/16 jig heads and even some smaller. Perch were also there in the early AM and I picked up a few, but moved away from them to target the bass.

Actually we are heading to Rockport in the morning to try for the perch, I haven't been on it since we ice fished for them several times in Feb.
(06-02-2020, 02:29 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 11:36 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It was a solo run for me today. Cookie wanted more pillow time. So, the Wookie and I snuck out at sunrise and headed to Echo to tease some Smallmouth Bass. They are close to the shore and very avaliable to the bank tangler who is boatless. They are also very active. 

Actually we are heading to Rockport in the morning to try for the perch, I haven't been on it since we ice fished for them several times in Feb.

Ya got to let us know how that perch run goes. But if they are uncooperative i know the smallmouth will show you some love up there. I bet tossing a drop shot with some manic candy, maybe a cuter would have Smiles happen.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-03-2020, 11:47 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 02:29 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:

Ya got to let us know how that perch run goes. But if they are uncooperative i know the smallmouth will show you some love up there. I bet tossing a drop shot with some manic candy, maybe a cuter would have Smiles happen.
Actually the only place we really saw perch was around the boat ramp docks couldn't find any on the lake, the small mouth very  active but not very big. Going to back and try Willard again tomorrow.
(06-03-2020, 02:35 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: Actually the only place we really saw perch was around the boat ramp docks couldn't find any on the lake, the small mouth very  active but not very big. Going to back and try Willard again tomorrow.
  But, were they catchable near the ramp?