Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help is needed
Well it’s been one year sense I’ve moved to Utah and despite great dreams I got to fish the grand total of one time so far. With all the work needing to be done on a new home with yard and finishing basement etc. fishing had to take a back seat. Great news things are slowing down and I’m going fishing. Deer Creek looks to be the first place I’m going to try they next week maybe Scofield. Planning on shore fishing and without out asking about someone’s honey hole where would a person without a clue get of the highway and wet a line? Only drove past the lake a couple of time so I don’t even have a idea of where there’s shore access. Going to fish small plastics for small mouths or trout. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
You may try Wallsburg Bay. The parking lot is on thr left about a 1/2 mile past the main state park. It comes up fast so keep your eyes open. Plenty of sboreline to fish.. you mat also try the Island area on the deep side opposite side from rhe boat ramp. Good luck and let is know how you do
Welcome aboard.  Lots of good spots in Utah.  And good old Deer Creek has long been one of my favorites.  Here are some words and pictures I put together a few years ago that might help.  I'm sure you will get other input.  But the best way to learn any water is to start somewhere and then go often enough over several years until you have a good basic knowledge.  Then you can start refining.  Have fun.
Thanks for the info. Now time to wet a line
There are a lot of good places at Scofield when you get around to going there. Go to the launch ramp at Madsen Bay and fish anywhere around there. We've had good luck around the docks and the buoy and up into that little arm/cove. Have fun.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Deer creek is very full. Bank fishing off the main road up at the top of the the north end, there is a parking turnoff. Park there and walk north. Fishing with garlic cheese can be good.