Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Idaho greenhouse pics
Since the Idaho fishing board is a little slow right now, I wanted to show off my kids greenhouse in Nampa. I brought it up there last year and installed it and thought some of you with gardens might enjoy it. This thread can be moved to the Off Topic board if that is a better place for it. Here is a link to the pics on BFT's Garden and landscape board, if any of you want to post your garden pics there, feel free, we would love to see what you have:

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1095482
I use special grow boxes made for tomatoes. Only 4 plants will give me more than I can use.
[Image: IMG-20200619-095217.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200619-095204.jpg]
(06-21-2020, 12:43 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I use special grow boxes made for tomatoes. Only 4 plants will give me more than I can use.
[Image: IMG-20200619-095217.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200619-095204.jpg]

Looks good Randy, what is that white material, covering the boxes?
It is a cover that is made for the grow boxes to prevent weeds and hold moisture. It is a tough plastic, and you cut a X in the plastic to plant your plants. I grow organic with worm casings and old aged manure mixed in the dirt. These boxes have about a 3" water chamber on the bottom that the roots will grow into. You only need to water them every 3 or 4 days. I already have one 1" tomato and lots of blooms.

Later on when they are producing tomatoes, I feed them with Worm Tea; (liquid worm casings) and molasses. I got the Worm Tea and worm casings in Rigby, Id.

You feed them with the water. If you look close at the front right side you can see where the water goes, and the plastic bottle/funnel to water them. I should have ripe tomato ? by mid July that will keep producing until nearly November. That's the plan anyway.?
OK, so is it similar to the black plastic or fabric some people use? That's pretty cool that you are using worm casting, what is the name of the place in Rigby that you buy them at?
That is pretty cool. You must be producing tomatoes full tilt by now!
(06-29-2020, 04:42 PM)MMDon Wrote: That is pretty cool. You must be producing tomatoes full tilt by now!

They were getting a few, when we were up there 10 days ago but most were still green. Next year they will have to build some really heavy duty metal baskets because those standard sized ones just won't hold up the weight of the plants, once they get as big as these plant are.