Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT's Garden and landscape board
For those of you that are not aware of the board, please check it out and post some pics of your own gardens:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=333
Thanks for the reminder, took our pics today, so hopefully I'll get my pics updated on my thread at that site tonight.

The link makes it easier to find it quicker, thanks again!
(06-05-2020, 10:46 PM)jjannie Wrote: Thanks for the reminder, took our pics today, so hopefully I'll get my pics updated on my thread at that site tonight.

The link makes it easier to find it quicker, thanks again!

My son just took some more pics of the green house up there and it is crazy to see how much it has grown in one week. I'll post those pics later today.
It's to bad we are moving. Dont have my garden in this year. But I bet I can find my giant pumpkin photos for a historic look back
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-06-2020, 02:01 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It's to bad we are moving. Dont have my garden in this year. But I bet I can find my giant pumpkin photos for a historic look back

Hopefully, you aren't moving very far.
I don't think they want to see my weeds (I fish to much)
also I have replanted 3 times.
(06-06-2020, 02:23 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 02:01 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It's to bad we are moving. Dont have my garden in this year. But I bet I can find my giant pumpkin photos for a historic look back

Not to far. Opted to slow down and possibly retire. Sold my home in Morgan. Loved it and the people, but moving back to my childhood home of Henefer. Remoding my dads home and going to settle in there close to family and the ranch. Maybe I will even buy the old gas station and have hot soup on for wayward BFT memebrs to swing by and shoot the bull - or maybe I will fish and garden and craft lures, the exact details are still in works Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Congrats as selling the home, its a nice layout you had here in Happy Valley, but we totally understand wanting to be closer to home. You can still visit Morgan now and then when running out for more building supplies. Henefer's not too far away. We'd stop in for a chat and cup of soup sometime. So don't be a stranger, you still need to stop by to meet Rosie and see our gardens and greenhouse sometime. Right now everything is covered for the cold nights to come.
(06-05-2020, 04:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: For those of you that are not aware of the board, please check it out and post some pics of your own gardens:
 Finally got our pics posted at that site. 

Again, appreciate getting the reminder. Its fun to see how far you've come from last pics I took back in April. I am sure your greenhouse will be a jungle by now, but we are happy with how we compared to last year. Now if we can get through the freezing temps the next few nights since we have covered everything once again hopefully this will be last time we have to cover stuff for this year.
I posted some new pics of the GH in Idaho, just one week later everything has almost doubled in size. Once you guys get past these cold temps I bet your will take off as well.
(06-05-2020, 04:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: For those of you that are not aware of the board, please check it out and post some pics of your own gardens:
Thanks for the heads up, Curt. Could you also explain how to find our way here through the forums. Not sure I'm clear. When we log in, how do we go to get here. I had an inkling that this forum existed but never could figure out how to find it. I've actually got a garden going this year after taking a couple of years off. I have waited to plant the pumpkin patch and now it looks like I may have been prescient instead of just slow with this cold weather we're getting. Just in case anyone didn't know that June is still spring, I guess Mother Nature wanted to give us a wakeup call.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(06-06-2020, 03:24 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Not to far. Opted to slow down and possibly retire. Sold my home in Morgan. Loved it and the people, but moving back to my childhood home of Henefer. Remoding my dads home and going to settle in there close to family and the ranch. Maybe I will even buy the old gas station and have hot soup on for wayward BFT memebrs to swing by and shoot the bull - or maybe I will fish and garden and craft lures, the exact details are still in works Smile
Hey I don't know how far you are in the process but if you need some help moving let me know. I was going to say I would miss you but you might be closer now
catchinon
Thanks for the heads up, Curt. Could you also explain how to find our way here through the forums. Not sure I'm clear. When we log in, how do we go to get here. I had an inkling that this forum existed but never could figure out how to find it.

It's actually pretty simple but it takes a few steps. Above, on the L/H side, where it tells you the name of the board you are on, it say Fishing Forum, followed by the names of the sub boards you are on. Example: 
Fishing forum> Utah fishing forum> Utah fishing general
Click on Fishing Forum, this will show you all the boards on BFT. 
Next scroll down until you see Aquacultures and Horticulture
Finally click on Gardens and landscaping
If it is something that you will go often, I'd suggest you bookmark that page.
Next scroll down 
(06-07-2020, 01:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: catchinon
Thanks for the heads up, Curt. Could you also explain how to find our way here through the forums. Not sure I'm clear. When we log in, how do we go to get here. I had an inkling that this forum existed but never could figure out how to find it.

It's actually pretty simple but it takes a few steps. Above, on the L/H side, where it tells you the name of the board you are on, it say Fishing Forum, followed by the names of the sub boards you are on. Example: 
Fishing forum> Utah fishing forum> Utah fishing general
Click on Fishing Forum, this will show you all the boards on BFT. 
Next scroll down until you see Aquacultures and Horticulture
Finally click on Gardens and landscaping
If it is something that you will go often, I'd suggest you bookmark that page.
Next scroll down 
Thanks for the directions. I made it there just fine.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(06-07-2020, 01:52 PM)mme1 Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 03:24 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Hey I don't know how far you are in the process but if you need some help moving let me know. I was going to say I would miss you but you might be closer now
Thanks for the offer. We are going slowly as I have to do a lot of demo/remods and clean up in Dads home before we can move in full force. Will be living in my RV for a few months. If you see the campfire burning stop in for a hamburger