Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay trip #4
Well after just reading jig_fishers post from trip last nite to Willard, I almost didn't bother putting this one up.  But here goes. Got on the water about 7:30.  Weather looked to be nice, warm, very light chop, about a dozen other fishing rigs and maybe 2 or 3 ski boat types but all spread out so far that they were not a problem.  

[Image: 022-5-June-0729-launching.jpg]

Last trip I was interrupted by wind and LOTS of pleasure boats, but I had boated one walleye before I had to retreat back to the marina.  So I figured I would try to kinda start out where I left off. Turned on my GPS track and got out in the general area. Course I know fish move, but had to start somewhere. So I throttled up past the buoy line and ran at max speed to general area.  It wasn't till I slowed down to start setting my lines that I realized I was in the middle of a BUGNADO.  Undecided  Good thing I keep head nets on the boat, geeeeezzzzzeee what a mess. 

[Image: 023.jpg]

The little pointer is me in my boat..........yea I know you all know how to read a GPS / Sonar   Sleepy  but thats where I turned it on this morning, just about at the top of loop I was making last trip. From there I started with the same perch colored rat-l-trap on one line and a fire-tiger crank on the other. Deployed my trolling plate to the half mark, adjusted the throttle, and started a random willy-nilly up around the west side of the island, then directly over the center (wanted to see how much water was covering it) 

[Image: 024.jpg]

I wandered all around the southern 1/3rd of Willard from feed lot to light pole to south west pocket, along the south wall back towards the marina channel. I varied my speed, changed out my lures, anchored in a couple spots to drown some worms while I had some coffee (tricky to drink coffee from  under a bug net) even shut down and just drifted.  Working my way back toward the south channel intending to call it a day when I got there. Go home and mark up another skunkin.  Angry

Well, I ALMOST accomplished that. But at the last spot I stopped to wash the last of my crawlers, I actually caught something. And similar to the last trip, about the time I got it boated, photoed an released, the wind was coming up, and the pleasure boat crowd was hitting the water.  NO, I didn't take any more photos of my GPS screen.  I figured 2 was more than enough, don't you guys? 

The one fish...............?  a skinny male Cat that was at least a 4 or 5 inch bump for my contest standings.  Not great but I'll take it.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Willard Bay trip #4 - by Tin-Can - 06-05-2020, 10:31 PM
RE: Willard Bay trip #4 - by Jig-fisher - 06-05-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: Willard Bay trip #4 - by FatBiker - 06-06-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: Willard Bay trip #4 - by Cowboypirate - 06-06-2020, 02:04 AM
RE: Willard Bay trip #4 - by icejunkie - 06-06-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Willard Bay trip #4 - by Tin-Can - 06-06-2020, 04:07 PM