Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 1/2" Rainbow trout colored tube jigs???
I have exhausted my supply of trout colored 2 1/2 inch tube jigs from Rocky Mountain Tackle.  After tracking down the manufacturer found out that they aren't making them any more.  Is anyone aware of a tube jib that imitates a trout minnow?  They have been my go to for years on Strawberry.  Any recommendations for a plan B?
I saw some on the tackle warehouse website. Bio Bait DNA tubes. It might be what you're looking for.
Cabelas used to have some good Action Tail plastic swim baits in trout color.  But no more.  Not aware of any good tubes in that color.  But I have been custom coloring plastics and hardbaits for years to get the colors I wanted.  If you can find a good pearl color in the size you want...and some blue, and pink markers...you can make your own.  If you want more permanent  paint jobs, that requires plastic paints.  Pretty spendy but they do a good job.  I use them a lot for custom twisters and shad bodies.  See attached.  Also a pic of a small crankbait I have painted in RBT.[Image: TROUTETTE.jpg]
(06-10-2020, 06:34 PM)WilburT Wrote: Any recommendations for a plan B?
Buy the whitest white that you can find, probably as difficult to find as the rainbow ones you are seeking.
(06-10-2020, 06:34 PM)WilburT Wrote: I have exhausted my supply of trout colored 2 1/2 inch tube jigs from Rocky Mountain Tackle.  After tracking down the manufacturer found out that they aren't making them any more.  Is anyone aware of a tube jib that imitates a trout minnow?  They have been my go to for years on Strawberry.  Any recommendations for a plan B?
Call this number: Jarod Johnson  Rocky Mountain Tackle. 801-372-7920.  
He owns Freshwater Basics and has every tube jig you could want and at very good prices.
Thank you for your input
Check Dry Creek Outfitters web site. Brad has a ton of different colors and you might even be able to get him to custom dip some. He makes some of the best baits out there, for both bass and trout !! Dry Creek Outfitters
What was the name of the color? Do you have a pic? I spoke with a guy the other day that said he had a ton of their stuff still. Let me know some details and I will ask him
recommendations for a plan B?
do what kent says He jigges with his I troll with mine 
I would think a white tube will out catch anything
both of us have 100 fish days using them for cuts   (which I hate to catch this time of year)

google  tube bait manufacturers  I would think a 3 1/2" will work  
Why plan b? Did Jared not have what you need? I know he would. I’m absolutely sure he would and no way to beat his prices unless you’re getting them for free or stealing them.

I’m so sorry Zi didn’t read the original post close enough. Seems it was Rocky Mountain Tackle that did not have what you desired. Sorry I got so persistent.

BUT.... with no disrespect, those cutts in Strawberry are dumber than dirt, and really have no discrimination on color. They all work the same.?
I agree with the DTD.... I have found it hard to find a color they will not hit. Pearl white are easy to get and work well, 136 color or as some call it JB special has always worked very well. It is smoke with red flake and chartreuse tail for best description, smoke sparkle works very well and if you really don't want to keep them away tip them with a tiny piece of worm. You will catch as many Cutts as you want when you find them.

Like Tube Dude says you can mark them with a permanent green then pink marker with a few black dots and make your own, they will bleed the colors a bit and will transfer the colors to others they are stored with. But it works.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life